• Bremont Solo

7 21.21%
  • Bremont U-2

5 15.15%
  • Bremont S301

21 63.64%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ALT1TUDE Special Edition - V2!

Well Its been 7 Days and there looks like a clear leader in the polls! What's next?

ALT1TUDE Special Edition - V2!

Right, hello everyone!

Sorry for not being in communication too much whilst the poll has being run. The results are in - these are cumulative across all the Alt1tude Social Media channels:

1. S301: 46
    2. U-2: 16
    3. Solo: 10

As was anticipated from the early lead that it gained on the poll, the Alt1tude Forum SE V2 will be based on the S301!

So, now we know that it'll be the S301, I'm sure that you're all wondering where do we go from here?

Over the past few weeks, Jeremy and I have been working on some designs that we think are going to capture the wide attention of those who voted and ultimately lead to a very successful and desirable end product.

Following some discussions with HQ on what is (and isn't!) viable, we have come up with a design that we think most will like. It is currently being checked by the team at Bremont to confirm and tweak the design details.

What we can tell you is this: unfortunately we have learnt that DLC is not an option on the S301, so moving forward the designs will be offered with steel cases only. For now, that's all we can say!

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 08-10-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Canít wait to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

I'm looking forward to seeing it as well. I really like the design of the S301.

Yeah same here, any more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yeah same here, any more info?
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Any more news?
    Nothing for now, no. We're still waiting back to hear on details from HQ, and some final word from designers etc.. on whether or not things are possible.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, these things are quite complex and take some time. As soon as we know what is what, I will let everybody know. Thanks for your continued patience and support, everyone!

J.

J!!

There a simple answer to this post, and no-one has it right. It has to be a modified S301 with a GMT complication and 0/24 lumed bezel markers!

How this watch hasnít happened yet, I canít fathom!! The world is going mad for the Tudor Pepsi (which is too thick and top heavy). The market has been crying out for a decent 40mm thin case GMT for about 6 years; an S301 gmt would be perfect! It has everything: retro, class, a great bezel/dial proportion, a cracking matt dial and bezel. Itís perfect!

Why is no-one addressing the elephant in the room?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

That sounds bloody awful and as much use as a chocolate teapot!

Hi Everyone,

So, the promised update.

First of all, thank you all for your support and constant ideas throughout the initial brainstorming process - it was greatly appreciated.

Following some protracted and in depth discussions with HQ, we have simply been unable to come to an agreement on a final design that myself and Jeremy think is deserving of the Alt1tude label, and a worthy follow up to the original SE.

The main factor behind this was/is the use of the S301 as a 'base' watch: it simply isn't as customisable as the others (Solo/U2), but it was what we had to work with as it came out top in the poll(s) across Social Media.

Based upon the above, we have decided that the best thing to do is to halt the project for the time being. Now, this doesn't mean that there won't be a V2, but having put a lot of work in behind the scenes, we have simply been unable to agree on a final design based upon the S301.

Sorry about this, I know a number of you were looking forward to it.

J.