View Poll Results: Which model?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Bremont Solo

    7 21.21%
  • Bremont U-2

    5 15.15%
  • Bremont S301

    21 63.64%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: ALT1TUDE Special Edition - V2!

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    So, the promised update.
    Disappointing but understandable! Thanks for the update and the effort you put in.

    What's the limitation of customisation with the 301? I think a lot of us would be happy with it being limited to the dial colour and printing which surely must be possible, maybe something like the second hand too. Steer clear of any case modification and surely things become easier?

  2. #62
    Senior Member Wildrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cotswolds UK
    Posts
    352
    Disappointing. So why not abandon the 301 and move to one of the other earlier suggestions?
    Own at present:Supersonic LE - Kingsman SS LE - Endurance LE - Wright Flyer SS LE - 1918 WG LE - Michael Wong LE - Boeing 100 LE - Boeing 747 (Military) - 216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary) - ALT1-B - Omega Apollo 17.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Disappointing. So why not abandon the 301 and move to one of the other earlier suggestions?
    Agreed. Why don't we move on to look at the solo. There are some great ideas that I'm sure alot of people would like to take a look at.

  4. #64
    Administrator jwalker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Disappointing but understandable! Thanks for the update and the effort you put in.

    What's the limitation of customisation with the 301? I think a lot of us would be happy with it being limited to the dial colour and printing which surely must be possible, maybe something like the second hand too. Steer clear of any case modification and surely things become easier?
    Without getting into too many specifics, hands would have to stay stock on the s301. Dial modifications definitely possible, but steel option only. Not possible to tweak much on this particular model at this particular time. The challenge becomes creating a design that will sell 50 units when the stock s301 is quite popular as is.

  5. #65
    Administrator jwalker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Disappointing. So why not abandon the 301 and move to one of the other earlier suggestions?

    Have considered this, but want to honor the forum members and participants who overwhelmingly voted for the S301 when given the option. Not many votes for other models at all, which calls into question whether a design in those models could sell the necessary units to go into production. You don’t know unless you try, but the numbers weren’t necessarily reassuring.

  6. #66
    Administrator jwalker9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Agreed. Why don't we move on to look at the solo. There are some great ideas that I'm sure alot of people would like to take a look at.

    It’s DEFINITELY something we’ve gone back and forth on. As above, the votes indicating interest in a solo model did not necessarily give a strong vote of confidence that we’d have the numbers, or whether backing out of the s301 mkd would be frowned upon from our membership. Quite the conundrum!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Not many votes for other models at all, which calls into question whether a design in those models could sell the necessary units to go into production. You don’t know unless you try, but the numbers weren’t necessarily reassuring.
    Personally speaking, I would have taken any of the three options but was quite keen on the S301 as I don't have that model. However, if that option was removed then I would still be interested in the other two options. May be lots of other forum members would be the same?

  8. #68
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,054
    Evening everyone, another quick update for you.

    So, we’ve had some more discussions with HQ and have decided on a general design that we like. The design is based on the S301, and is currently being checked by HQ for viability with regards to some small details.

    Once that is done, we should have something we can ‘go public’ with and that we hope that you’ll like!

    J.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #69

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    15
    Superb news, glad you persevered. Looking forward to seeing the design.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites