Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bremont vs Breitling

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMerkley View Post
    We all know about the virtues of the Navitimer and I think it's a classic that anyone would be proud to own.
    Not me I'm afraid, I don't like the Navitimer at all and never have. The face is far too fussy and I think it looks quite 'cheap'. I must confess to not being much of a Breitling fan. I'm slowly coming around to some of their models. the Superocean is a very nice watch and one of few that would tempt me away from buying a Bremont. The other is the Breitling Premier collection but not as much as the Superocean. I tried on a Bentley watch after seeing it advertised but the polished finish on a bracelet just didn't suit the watch in my opinion.

With Bremont on the other hand, I've not come across a model that I didn't like. Take a step up the price ladder towards Bremonts more expensive offerings and I think Bremont leaves other brands in their wake. Watches like the DH-88, the Supersonic, 1918 etc look far superior to anything else I've seen.

At the risk of being outnumbered in this thread, I'm really not keen on the Emergency and wouldn't choose to own one. That's what so good about the watch industry though, so much choice and usually something for most buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Not me I'm afraid, I don't like the Navitimer at all and never have. The face is far too fussy and I think it looks quite 'cheap'. I must confess to not being much of a Breitling fan. I'm slowly coming around to some of their models. the Superocean is a very nice watch and one of few that would tempt me away from buying a Bremont. The other is the Breitling Premier collection but not as much as the Superocean. I tried on a Bentley watch after seeing it advertised but the polished finish on a bracelet just didn't suit the watch in my opinion.

With Bremont on the other hand, I've not come across a model that I didn't like. Take a step up the price ladder towards Bremonts more expensive offerings and I think Bremont leaves other brands in their wake. Watches like the DH-88, the Supersonic, 1918 etc look far superior to anything else I've seen.

At the risk of being outnumbered in this thread, I'm really not keen on the Emergency and wouldn't choose to own one. That's what so good about the watch industry though, so much choice and usually something for most buyers.
    Fear not, I'm with you Brother!! I don't like the Navitimer or the Emergency. Wouldn't give you £50 for one. In fact I just don't care for Breitling at all. But as you said, it's great that we all like different things and that there is more than enough choice for us all!

That is HHHUUUGGGEEEEEE!

Saying that though, if I had big wrists and a big bank account I would definitely own one :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Here it is on my wrist - I took this at the launch at Basel, you can see my MB/TWG on the table behind..

I totally agree with your views on the cost and size - at a smidge over £12k, it certainly makes the Ďoriginalsí look like amazing value for money...

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Fear not, I'm with you Brother!! I don't like the Navitimer or the Emergency. Wouldn't give you £50 for one. In fact I just don't care for Breitling at all. But as you said, it's great that we all like different things and that there is more than enough choice for us all!
    Itís a hard one for me: as a brand, they were my first Swiss watch Ďloveí - back before Bremont was even around, that is.

The only models I would consider from them now are the Emergency and Aerospace (or the 806 Navitimer reissue!) not necessarily because of the way they look, but what they offer that brands such as Bremont donít - and Iíve no doubt, will never offer.

That being said, if Bremont would like to pop a PLB/ELT on an MBII, Iíd be straight there!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelhogg View Post
    There is a lot more to it than I thought there would be. I would probably forget how to do it properly if I was ever in a situation that I had to use it.
    Many years ago I remember one was stolen in a robbery in Liverpool. The idiots then unscrewed the big button wondering what it did.......
    They were quickly "rescued" by the Police and were, of course, liable for the emergency call-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Many years ago I remember one was stolen in a robbery in Liverpool. The idiots then unscrewed the big button wondering what it did.......
    They were quickly "rescued" by the Police and were, of course, liable for the emergency call-out.
    Thatís a tad unfortunate - or not!

Hereís a fun fact, and something a bit interesting: the morse code Ďidentí that it radiates is a ĎBí - for Breitling, obviously! Itís how you can tell itís coming from the watch, should be ever need to figure that out.

J.

Finally got it on a waterman strap.

I like both. Recently bought this 10yr old in mint condition and put a bremont kevlar strap and buckle on it.
    Would love to put a waterman kevlar strap (in small) on it but they are not sold separately.
    Attachment 4507
    Sorry crappy picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200225_1234234.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	4619  

Finally got it on a waterman strap.
    Thatís a solid look! Do you fly, Samuel?

J.

Nope.
    I had my first flying lesson in a helicopter 25 years ago in Oxford. Always planned to get my PPL but it just never happened.
    Live in the NW now so I have Hawarden and Liverpool close by, so I should make the time really as it has always been a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Thatís a solid look! Do you fly, Samuel?

J.