Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Endurance Delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Must admit I've never understood the enthusiasm for Rolex. I do like the occasional model such as the Cosmograph Daytona and admittedly RedsBluesGreens Pepsi looks really nice (although I wouldn't choose to own one) but as a rule I don't see the attraction. Bremont on the other hand.....
    Thanks! I got the opportunity to buy from a friend at a great price a few years ago and couldn't pass it up. In terms of durability though, I find it very fragile. So much so, in fact, that I no longer really wear it. I found that the constant concern of damaging the case/bezel took the pleasure out of wearing it.

J.

You're welcome! It looks great and I could keep glancing back at the picture all day long but it's not a watch that would suit me.

I am surprised that you mention it's fragile. I have no experience of owning a Rolex but given the cost and reputation I would have hoped it would be virtually bullet proof. From your comment it would give me even less incentive to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm really confused... I thought this was the Bremont forum but every time I load up all is see is Rolex stuff... must be a problem with my computer.
    Hahaha!! Eeek, sorry guys!

*shuffles off to the corner*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    In terms of durability though, I find it very fragile. So much so, in fact, that I no longer really wear it. I found that the constant concern of damaging the case/bezel took the pleasure out of wearing it.

J.
    I’ve worn all mine through everything. Once you get out of the mind that they’re to stay pretty, you just wear them. I damaged the clasp of my 116710 very badly when I swapped a Range Rover engine. The bracelet actually saved my wrist from a very nasty injury, but it totalled the clasp; I straightened it with pliers and polished her up again and she’s still working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'