Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Endurance Delivery?

In case anyone's passing through... there's an Endurance for sale in the AD TF Bakers at Grand Central above Birmingham New Street station (along with other Bremonts).

I love the orange gmt hand and the rounded batons on the dial but is that compass bezel useful to anyone? I still think the king of limited edition s500's is the oracle gmt. It got it all, titanium, gmt, useful bezel and awsum red second hand. Why so little love for this watch!

An absolute beauty, well done Bremont

2018-07-18 17.06.32 by ataripower, on Flickr

Saw one today, must admit not sure about it in the flesh.

You can't see the movement with the nato strap on, and it sits massive on the wrist with the strap.

The rubber strap seems very cheap...

Compared to the terra nova the whole thing seems like a rush job..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I learned to think outside of the box with the Endurance. I tried it on with the Nato strap at the townhouse event and thought as you did, that it sat too high on the wrist, especially with my small wrists. I thought that was it and it wasn't for me but then I noticed on Bremonts website the titanium bracelet version. Oddly Bremont don't seem to promote that version as much as the NATO strap. Despite this I decided to take a gamble and purchased it. It's stunning. The watch sits at the right height on the wrist, the titanium bracelet is so light that it's extremely comfortable and you can almost forget that you're wearing it. I can't say that it's my favourite but without doubt it's the easiest for me to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I learned to think outside of the box with the Endurance. I tried it on with the Nato strap at the townhouse event and thought as you did, that it sat too high on the wrist, especially with my small wrists. I thought that was it and it wasn't for me but then I noticed on Bremonts website the titanium bracelet version. Oddly Bremont don't seem to promote that version as much as the NATO strap. Despite this I decided to take a gamble and purchased it. It's stunning. The watch sits at the right height on the wrist, the titanium bracelet is so light that it's extremely comfortable and you can almost forget that you're wearing it. I can't say that it's my favourite but without doubt it's the easiest for me to wear.
    Ok...
    Going back for a second look tomorrow. But struggling with it...
    I have a terra nova, so really can't justify it honestly.
    And real,y think the terra is the better one, plus-

In the promo pics Saunders is wearing the terra at the pole..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried one on in Chester while I was there. I canít say I was very impressed either. I do like the orange NATO, but it does make the watch a fair size. Iíve never got the fuss about a see-through case back (as I never take the watch off) and the added thickness doesnít help.

I do really like the dial and the orange touches, but Iím less impressed with the short Zulu hand. Iíd pre-ordered from Rob at Toppers, but cancelled and purchased the B.B. Pepsi. Still hoping for a titanium 14mm thick, 41mm gmt with a matching bracelet from Bremont!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I tried one on in Chester while I was there. I canít say I was very impressed either. I do like the orange NATO, but it does make the watch a fair size. Iíve never got the fuss about a see-through case back (as I never take the watch off) and the added thickness doesnít help.

I do really like the dial and the orange touches, but Iím less impressed with the short Zulu hand. Iíd pre-ordered from Rob at Toppers, but cancelled and purchased the B.B. Pepsi. Still hoping for a titanium 14mm thick, 41mm gmt with a matching bracelet from Bremont!

RNCD2 on the titanium bracelet is the perfect dive watch for me. If i was to mark it down is the tightness of the brezel. Thr photos you took of the endurance doesnt change my mind either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    RNCD2 on the titanium bracelet is the perfect dive watch for me. If i was to mark it down is the tightness of the brezel. Thr photos you took of the endurance doesnt change my mind either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    That looks pretty tidy! Glad youíre enjoying it. I get the submariner bezel on that watch, but I do like a 0-24 or 0-360 bezel on my gmt (because I donít dive, but do occasionally track three time zones). The RNCDII does seem snugger on your wrist.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Still comparing oranges and apples I'm afraid. It's pointless comparing the watch height of the Endurance on its orange NATO to another watch with a bracelet. The Endurance sits far higher on the NATO, even to the point where I thought it felt 'loose'. On the titanium bracelet it's sits far more snug and I can't imagine it's much different to the RNCD2 in height.

(if I could work out a way to post a picture of the Endurance with bracelet on a small wrist directlly to this forum I would but no luck so far)