Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling a bit let down by Bremont Customer Care

Feeling a bit let down by Bremont Customer Care, actually alot let down

I posted a while ago about the date change on my S2000 which is about 5 months old. It has been away for the last 6 weeks at bremont getting looked at, got the call this week it was ready for pickup. It included a letter saying they could not find anything wrong with the watch....it must be my imagination right?... so changed straps to a Velcro I bought while it was away and strapped it on, showing thurs 15 when I went to bed.

woke up to this

surely by 6am the date should have sorted itself out.....
    Last edited by Chewitt13; 03-16-2018 at 06:23 AM.

So by 6:46 itís sorted itself out. Is this normal and itís just I get up too early

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    So by 6:46 itís sorted itself out. Is this normal and itís just I get up too early

It may not be normal, but it must be within the tolerances allowed for that movement (ETA 2836) or else the Bremont watchmakers wouldn't send it back to you. I can certainly appreciate, though, how it must be annoying.

J.

Feeling a bit let down by Bremont Customer Care

Jake

6 and half hours surely canít be within tolerances, look online and the date change on eta 2836 is meant to be instantaneous

Do you have the customer care email address and Iíll get in touch

Chris
    Last edited by Chewitt13; 03-16-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Jake

6 and half hours surely canít be within tolerances, look online and the date change on eta 2836 is meant to be instantaneous

Do you have the customer care email address and Iíll get in touch

Chris
    What I meant was within Bremont's tolerances for the movement. It is obvious, really, that something isn't really right in this instance - especially when you take the manufacturers specification in to account, along with a dose of common sense!

Sure, customerservice@bremont.com. Did you send it back through an AD? If so, it may help if you get them to apply some leverage on your behalf.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 03-16-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Cheers Jake, letís see what they say.

Chewitt, you’re right to be disappointed here. Unfortunately, this isn’t ok after it just came back from service. Can you verify that you gave the watch a full wind when it returned from service before these photos were taken? If not, please give it a full wind, then pull out crown, adjust to midnight and see when the date switches. Let us know.

Just tried it and it worked ok, CS got back to me this afternoon, the chief watchmaker says itís an intermittent sticking issue, not sure now do I leave it a few days and see what happens or just send it back

Chris
    Last edited by Chewitt13; 03-16-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Just tried it and it worked ok, CS got back to me this afternoon, the chief watchmaker says itís an intermittent sticking issue, not sure now do I leave it a few days and see what happens or just send it back

Chris
    I'd send it back and get it sorted whilst the iron is hot. You've just had it serviced and it's not up to the standard, after all.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 03-16-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Iíll be sending it back, CS have been good and are fast tracking it once it arrives, it needs a part replaced