Thread: ALT1 ZT/BK: Time keeping shift and epic warrantee/after care from Mike

ALT1 ZT/BK: Time keeping shift and epic warrantee/after care from Mike

So many of you will know that Iíve had my Bremont for about 8 months now, and itís done me good service so far. I am still a little disappointed in the lack of a matching bracelet, but Iíve got over that somewhat by wearing it on a Bond NATO!

The most impressive thing, though, was the time keeping. Despite being used fairly hard, the watch managed to drop only 0.1spd over nearly 80 days!

This was excellent performance despite being worn to replace rear air spring units on the Landy and daily at the gym.

However, Iím pretty sure Iíve given it a bit of a knock somewhere, as recently, the timing has been more off than usual. I started another test run to confirm my suspicions, and itís now dropping 1.2spd.
    Of course, I understand that even this time keeping is within SCOC deviation ó Iím just a bit disappointed that the epic time keeping has come to an end.

I should also mention the fantastic service from Mike who has kindly replaced my black leather strap and buckle under warrantee:

Due to a flaw in the painting, the ĎBremontí which is painted across the buckle, has worn off. I also noticed that I received an off white stitched strap instead of a white stitched strap. To resolve this, and as a measure of good will, Mike kindly replaced the strap for me just before he moved to his new gig. My huge thanks to Mike for his customer service and great response to my issues; I am extremely please to wear a product from a company who believes in their customers and values their happiness.

Hereíre a few glam shots for the gang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Shedlock, I'm glad to hear Mike took care of your issues and kept your faith in the brand - it just goes to show that, once again, Bremont Customer Service shines through as one of the best in the business!

Regarding your time keeping 'issues' (I use that word very lightly in this instance), I suspect it may well be a case of the watch getting slightly older and more 'bedded in' as time goes by. 1.2 seconds per day is still well within COSC certifications, and to be honest, as close to perfect as you could reasonably expect a not brand new watch to be, in my opinion. I'd be extremely happy with that deviation after 8 months of constant use!

Of course, if you aren't happy and suspect an issue, you can always send it to Bremont for a check up. If you need any help with that, let me know.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Shedlock, I'm glad to hear Mike took care of your issues and kept your faith in the brand - it just goes to show that, once again, Bremont Customer Service shines through as one of the best in the business!

Regarding your time keeping 'issues' (I use that word very lightly in this instance), I suspect it may well be a case of the watch getting slightly older and more 'bedded in' as time goes by. 1.2 seconds per day is still well within COSC certifications, and to be honest, as close to perfect as you could reasonably expect a not brand new watch to be, in my opinion. I'd be extremely happy with that deviation after 8 months of constant use!

Of course, if you aren't happy and suspect an issue, you can always send it to Bremont for a check up. If you need any help with that, let me know.

J.
    Yeah! I think the attitude from Bremont to their customers is what separates them from the other brands. I was disappointed in my Rolex AD who suggested it would take 4 months to him to get to a service on my 16753, and that it might take him 3 weeks to complete. Though Iíve never had a major surgery on my Bremont ó Iíd hope they could sharpen up that turn around!

Ha!! Iíve no real intention to quibble about the current deviation! Iím well aware itís still pretty remarkable precision! Iím really just whining that itís not as good as it once was! Lol. To be frank, the earlier time keeping was almost atomic ó outstanding for any mechanical time piece; I very much doubted that it would remain as accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'