Thread: My MB2 Green Barrel is Winding not right, seems broken

My MB2 Green Barrel is Winding not right, seems broken

Hey all,

First time on forum and thought it would be under happier circumstances but I think my Beloved 4 month old MB2 is broken, I wear it all the time since i bought it in September while on a cruise to alaska in Juneau at diamonds international , Im the first owner have all the legit paperwork cosc cert etc...

Have felt the manual wind function a few week after i bought it feel a bit sticky sometimes figured it was just new . Id wind it about 10 times by hand if i wasn't going to wear it for a day , and it would feel gritty sometimes and other times not, but would smooth out and wind fine.

Today I went to wind it about 10 times as i hadn't worn it since friday afternoon just to keep it powered up until monday afternoon when i go back to work and it felt gritty again then all of a sudden it started making the rotor turn and make a whiring sound as i turned it. The rotor shouldn't turn when im winding it as it hasn't done it before. Im heartbroken as this is my grail watch and for the money it cost me being only 4 months old i dont think should have this issue as its been babied since i bought it and still looks brand new.

Im going to call the store in NY tuesday after new years and see what to do but im sure it needs repaired , glad its under warranty and just a fluke breakdown and not anything thats going to keep happening in the future. But im just sad about it because i chose this watch for its toughness and history with Martin Baker etc... Im disappointed.. has this issue happened to anyone else.

Thanks,,Allan

My MB2 Green Barrel is Winding not right, seems broken

Allan, welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us!

How do you know the rotor is turning, can you feel it? It may just be rocking slightly?

A 'whirring' sound is normal, don't worry about that. The spinning of your rotor isn't normal - although that isn't to say it can't happen: it can. It is usually a symptom of what are called 'reversing wheels' malfunctioning, mostly due to not enough lubrication.

Send it to Bremont and I'm sure they'll sort it swiftly under warranty.

Do post some pictures of your MBII, we'd love to see it!

Happy New Year,
    J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 01-01-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Hey,

Thanks for the welcome.

The reason i say the rotor is spinning when i manually wind it is that i can feel it spinning as its wound and it makes the whole watch vibrate/shake. Funny thing is today i tried it and it wound normally without the rotor spinning. But I am still Going to sent it off to Bremont as I want it operating as great as when i bought it.

It does still keep time accurately its just the intermittent Grinding feel and rotor spin that bothers me. Also yes i will post some pictures of it in a but when i transfer my pictures to this new computer.

Glad to be a member.

Regards,
    Allan

Quote Originally Posted by VelocityMfg View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for the welcome.

The reason i say the rotor is spinning when i manually wind it is that i can feel it spinning as its wound and it makes the whole watch vibrate/shake. Funny thing is today i tried it and it wound normally without the rotor spinning. But I am still Going to sent it off to Bremont as I want it operating as great as when i bought it.

It does still keep time accurately its just the intermittent Grinding feel and rotor spin that bothers me. Also yes i will post some pictures of it in a but when i transfer my pictures to this new computer.

Glad to be a member.

Regards,
    Allan
    Do let us know what you get it back, and what HQ say was the cause! I look forward to seeing some pictures when you can.

J.