Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ariel NOMAD

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Thats a tough call - and both pieces I would love to have. I guess you have to look at them and try to decide which means more to you! Or sell them both!
    Exactly what Steve says - you have to decide which means more to you, Jerry. Both pieces are somewhat 'grail' Bremont's for a lot of people, and priced correctly you'll have no trouble selling them I'm sure!

As for which to sell, my gut feeling is the easier sell will be the Codebreaker, you don't see too many of them hit the market compared to the Wright Flyer.

J.

Wow thatís a hard call. Both iconic Bremonts. If it were me the codebreaker. I just think the WR will stand the test of time a little better given its global appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    As for which to sell, my gut feeling is the easier sell will be the Codebreaker, you don't see too many of them hit the market compared to the Wright Flyer.
    I agree with this comment.

What I've struggled with is the idea of the Wright Flyer being considered one of the iconic watches or 'grail' as you put it. It is a nice watch and obviously a historic limited edition but what has really surprised me is the availability. You can still buy the stainless steel version new and it's even available from a high street jeweller, some four years after its release. Obviously not as sought after as the Codebreaker?

One think I am surprised about. I have advertised 4 of my collection and not even a nibble. Think it has taught me something it's only the expensive LE's that really sell. Ah well, don't need the funds until next January.
    Own at present:
    Endurance LE - Wright Flyer LE - 1918 LE WG - Michael Wong LE - Boeing 100 LE - Boeing 747 (Military) - 216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary) - ALT1-B - Kingsman SS - Omega Apollo 17.

Don't forget that the Townhouse is only just over a week away. I certainly wouldn't consider buying anything before I've seen the new models and decided where my funds would be most well spent.

Also, this forum is very quiet, even as forums go. Have you considered advertising them on other social media platforms? I'd be tempted to leave them for sale on this forum for a good while yet.

Only sold the Codebreaker, but bought a 1918.

However, it will soon be crunch time, paid a deposit, but certainly don't have the required cash to buy it.
    Own at present:
    Endurance LE - Wright Flyer LE - 1918 LE WG - Michael Wong LE - Boeing 100 LE - Boeing 747 (Military) - 216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary) - ALT1-B - Kingsman SS - Omega Apollo 17.