Thread: After market strap for fitting with Bremont deployant

After market strap for fitting with Bremont deployant

I've had my Bremont on a Toshi strap with a Panerai style buckle for a long while now.

I fancy a change and want to use the Bremont clasp that came with the original black strap on a different brown strap. The Toshi is too thick and doesn't taper so are there any straps that I could look at that would work? I saw there was a used Bremont strap on eBay yesterday but I didn't get round to bidding for it.

Here's another picture of my 'C in the Shropshire snow this week.

Good photo Rich, hope you enjoyed the snow!

Keep your eye on eBay for any used straps, but failing that, something from Hirsch?

J.

Thanks Jake, I'll take a look at Hirsch.

Try a Hirsch Heavy Calf. They should be pretty similar to what you’re looking for and I think the 22mm strap tapers to 20mm at the clasp, which would fit the factory deployant.

EDIT: I just realized that you may be talking about the tang buckle and not the deployant clasp. I think those are also 20mm but I would have to measure to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

^^^ Thanks for the recommendation. It's definately for the deployant so I'll look up the heavy calf strap as that sounds exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm pretty confident at switching straps between watches now after much trial and error, fitting a deployant will be more challenging I suspect.
    Last edited by SuperRichieM; 12-20-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post

I'm pretty confident at switching straps between watches now after much trial and error, fitting a deployant will be more challenging I suspect.
    It's fairly straightforward Rich. If it's a Bremont one and you get stuck, feel free to give me a bell and I'll talk you through it.

J.

Thanks Jake, I'm indeed planning take to the deployant off the OEM black strap that came with the 'C to fit to the Hirsch strap. I'm hoping that a YouTube video will be help but I will take you up on your offer and drop you a line if I get stuck... actually do I need any special tools at all?

Thanks Jake, I'm indeed planning take to the deployant off the OEM black strap that came with the 'C to fit to the Hirsch strap. I'm hoping that a YouTube video will be help but I will take you up on your offer and drop you a line if I get stuck... actually do I need any special tools at all?
    No special equipment Rich, just a normal spring-bar tool.

J.

I did it! I managed to take the Bremont deployant off the original black Bremont strap, made slightly more complicated because it has screw-in bars rather than spring bars, and have successfully fitted it to the recommended brown Hirsch heavy calf strap! This sort of fiddly job does not come easily to me and I am very happy that I've actually managed to do it! I'll be wearing it to the townhouse in a couple of weeks!

Last edited by SuperRichieM; 02-14-2018 at 12:22 PM.

I did it! I managed to take the Bremont deployant off the original black Bremont strap, made slightly more complicated because it has screw-in bars rather than spring bars, and have successfully fitted it to the recommended brown Hirsch heavy calf strap! This sort of fiddly job does not come easily to me and I am very happy that I've actually managed to do it! I'll be wearing it to the townhouse in a couple of weeks!

Looking good Rich, glad you managed it in the end!

Hope you're well.
    J.