Poll: What are your first impressions of the 1918?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont 2017 LE: 1918 RAF 100th Anniversary Watch

I really like this. I'm not completely sold on the day/night indicator but everything else is superb. Rotor is beautiful. I liked the blue initially but am now leaning toward the rose/black - not that I can afford any of them!

Overall a great effort from Bremont and contributing to a worthy cause.
    Last edited by geezerbutler; 10-04-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    MBII-GN / Rolex GMT Master / Rolex Explorer / Schofield Signalman / Omega Seamaster / Breitling Intruder / Orange Monster

Quote Originally Posted by geezerbutler View Post
    I really like this. I'm not completely sold on the day/night indicator but everything else is superb. Rotor is beautiful. I liked the blue initially but am now leaning toward the rose/black - not that I can afford any of them!

Overall a great effort from Bremont and contributing to a worthy cause.
    Just back from the launch. All are stunning. Put my name down for an SS but love the black and gold too! Superb evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

Already ordered mine too in SS.
    MBII-topper
    U2-t
    Wright Flyer
    Some old submariners, Zenith, Blancpain, GO, Omega, Breitling etc...

I also wish the stainless was available with the blue face. That's my preferred color combo on here. Gorgeous. Not quite a P51 for me (maybe because I'm American?) but beautiful nonetheless. Well done, guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    - TexZan -

These are really awesome looking! I'm torn between the SS model and the RG model (although the blue dialed WG version is striking as well!).

One question - is the date at an angle or straight up and down? It's different in different pictures . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    These are really awesome looking! I'm torn between the SS model and the RG model (although the blue dialed WG version is striking as well!).

One question - is the date at an angle or straight up and down? It's different in different pictures . . .
    Good catch, Scott! I assume it’s vertical, but I’ll find out for sure. These are obviously prototypes and computer generated images, so they may still be deciding, or the date wheels on the prototypes may not have been right.

Interesting question. Although, I wonder if these are prototypes. Here's why. When I spoke with the NY boutique this afternoon, the manager advised me of two things: (1) he is expecting deliveries to coincide with Christmas; and (2) in order to meet the expected 100% interest (he anticipated that ALL 425 1918s will sell), the production run is well under way. That being said, I defer to those on this site who have experience of the LE roll out process. I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Good catch, Scott! I assume it’s vertical, but I’ll find out for sure. These are obviously prototypes and computer generated images, so they may still be deciding, or the date wheels on the prototypes may not have been right.
    It's actually shown both ways on the Bremont web site too. I think I prefer the vertical.

Why no numbers for the GMT? Kinda makes it hard to read, as most are custom to the 12 hour dial, and need some sort of markings to read a 24 hour dial. Heck, it still takes me a few seconds to read my GMT and it is well marked.

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Why no numbers for the GMT? Kinda makes it hard to read, as most are custom to the 12 hour dial, and need some sort of markings to read a 24 hour dial. Heck, it still takes me a few seconds to read my GMT and it is well marked.
    Update-CONFIRMED:
    Another good question! The GMT hand is actually going to read on a 12 hour scale, with the AM/PM window serving as your reference point for AM/PM at your set second time zone. In short, the AM/PM window is set up for your GMT hand, not your set local time.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 10-05-2017 at 10:48 AM.