Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New LE 4th October?

The in-house movement probably means more to this British marque because they are re-establishing watchmaking there.

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Yes, I think the new movement idea could be consistent with a longer roll out, and the technical nature of the RAF (compared to Army). That being said, it would be interesting if they wheeled out a new movement unconnected to a watch. The buying public don't get excited about movements, only the watch aficionados. Although, according to Hodinkee, the watch movement is not the hallmark of a watch--it's the combination of all factors that make up the watch.

Still, a very interesting idea. I'm looking forward to that week: something new in the Bremont world, and Blade Runner 2049 coming out.

Best,
    Argo

Lots to look forward to!
    Last edited by Baggie68; 09-24-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp7 View Post
    Hi Argo

Others will correct me but a lot depends on how limited the run is and how far along production is at the point of announcement. The last LE was the DH-88. It was about 350 pieces in either steel or gold. Announced in June / July 2016 it was delivered in December / January.
    As far as I'm aware, there have been three LE since the DH-88 was released;

AC35
    AC-R-II
    Norton V4

all announced early this year and all released around July time.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    As far as I'm aware, there have been three LE since the DH-88 was released;

AC35
    AC-R-II
    Norton V4

all announced early this year and all released around July time.
    Welcome to the forum! You are technically correct in that the three pieces you mentioned above are considered limited editions. The Boeing 100, Supermarine Descent, U2 LE, Norton, Terra Nova, MW ALT1-P, Americas Cup range, Kingsman, and many others are also considered limited editions. However, I think its important to distinguish that this upcoming release appears to be part of the "Heritage Limited Edition" collection. From my perspective, these would include

-EP120- first DLC, used actual metal from EP-120 plane to form the prop-style rotor. Unsure of charity on this one.
    -P-51- borrowed overall style and layout from EP-120, but in a brushed SS form factor with first use of "patina lume" and brown color scheme. First use of vintage strap. Used actual metal from 'Fragile But Agile" P-51. Unsure of charity.
    -Victory- used copper and wood planks from the HMS Victory ship recovered during restoration effort. First use of a polished case. First (and only) use of Double retrograde complication. Charity towards HMS Victory upkeep and restoration. Polished SS and RG options
    -Codebreaker- parts from the the Enigma Machine at Bletchley Park. First (and only) Flyback Chronograph complication. Charity towards Bletchley Park upkeep and restoration. SS and RG options.
    -Wright Flyer- used cloth of the wing of the Wright Brothers "first flight". First use of the BWC/01 movement. Polished SS/WG/RG options. Onion style crown. Charity to Wright Family museum
    -DH-88- Wood from Grosvenor House DH-88 used in rotor. Charity towards Shuttleworth Foundation that upkeeps the winning Grosvenor House plane. Polished SS and RG.

Each of these watches have a piece of history ingrained into them, and a charity to which funds from sales are donated for the good of the historical artifact to which they were inspired. Many of them represent a stride forward in design or complication. I think thats what we should be expecting when this newest watch is announced on October 4th. I'm excited that the big reveal is so close!

Who all will be in attendance? Would anyone care to provide some coverage for the forum?
    Last edited by jwalker9; 09-25-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Hi Team,

Thanks for your thoughts jwalker9. I completely agree, as you read from my two pennies. I think this bears all the hallmarks of a new historical watch akin to those mentioned. Perhaps it will also incorporate a Bremont movement. Damned exciting stuff.

Best,
    Argo

thank you for the welcome jwalker9. I've been following the forum for a while with great interest and hence decided to finally join.

I see your point about the heritage limited editions and tend to agree. The DH-88 was a stunning piece so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with next.

Glad you pulled the trigger, buddy! Feel free to introduce yourself if you wish! We love meeting new members��

Not an awful lot to tell really. I've always liked watches and was introduced to Bremont a couple of years ago. I've visited both boutiques in London and had a nice chat with David and Paul at the Royal Exchange boutique (highly recommend that store, primarily because of the staff).

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Who all will be in attendance? Would anyone care to provide some coverage for the forum?
    Some forum coverage would be great, if someone could just take a few photos for us?

J.

Hi everyone. We don't know much about the event, but it looks like my brother Russ is going to make the trip over to capture the spirit and represent Topper. Bremont historical unveilings are incredible. Hopefully he will get some good pictures at the event to share. The Dh-88 and Codebreaker launches that I attended were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelp7 View Post
    Ok who knows what?

Would prefer facts but also happy with wild speculation

https://www.bremont.com/LANDING-SOON...LE%20sign%20up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk