Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: New LE 4th October?

Morning Team,

From Giles English's twitter account:

"Today’s the day! The new watch by @Bremont will be revealed later and we’re excited.....

Hi Team,

As you can tell, I'm rather excited by the launch. I hope you'll forgive my enthusiasm.

Judging from the two photos, I think we can state the following:

(a) the new LE is based on the Alt1-C polished case and will be in WG and/or SS;
    (b) it will have some sort of chrono, as it features the two pushers at 2 and 4;
    (c) the teaser photo of the new LE showed what appeared to be a red hand around the 6 marker. Could this be a moonphase much like the 10th anniversary moonphase watch?

However, here's what we don't we know:

(1) will the watch in fact be an RAF anniversary watch?
    (2) if yes, will the face be in RAF blue, with the option for another colour (white, black?)? If not, will it be some other special historical LE?
    (3) what RAF historical links will the watch incorporate, if an RAF watch? The EP-120, DH-88, Codebreaker, Victory, Wright Flyer, etc., all incorporated impressive historical links. Perhaps some snippets from Lord Trenchard's moustache!?
    (4) will the LE have a GMT function?
    (5) how many will they release?

All good stuff, and we'll know later today. I'm pretty excited as is apparent.

Best,
    Argo

Great news for those of us who cannot be in attendance tonight: I’ve heard that Bremont will be live broadcasting the 2017 LE event on Facebook Live this evening, starting at 7:45 PM GMT! There will also be various Instagram stories posted up on the Bremont Instagram feed, so keep a watch out there.

All official information regarding the release will be posted up promptly at 9:00 PM GMT, so be on the lookout for a sepearate thread at that time!

If you’re present at the event, please feel free to post up any information that you’d like here!

It’s gonna be good!

And in other news today, Hodinkee released their special edition watch. As expected, they went with a very modest, inexpensive watch, which we can all look forward to wearing: a stunning Laurent Ferrier Traveller LE.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/la...r-for-hodinkee

They are releasing 15 only, and a mere snip at U.S.$60,000 (45,000). I ordered four, as the wife and kids are bound to want one each. Anyone else want one whilst I'm ordering?

Hodinkee. Honestly. What are you thinking?

The function of that travel watch is very nice. Get where you are going and click click done. Don't even have to take it off your wrist. Other than that, a bit boring.

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Head over to Bremonts Facebook live NOW!!

Very nice video, I hope they post some macro shots of the day/night scenes that are on the moon phase.

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Last edited by Wildrover; 10-04-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    Bremont Ownership:
    Supersonic SS - LE
    Wright Flyer SS - LE
    1918 WG - LE
    Michael Wong DLC - LE
    Boeing 100 - LE
    Kingsman SS - LE
    Endurance - LE
    ALT1-B
    Altitude SE301
    Boeing 747 (Military)
    Lockheed TriStar (216 Sqn) - DLC (Mlitary)
    Lockheed TriStar (216 Sqn) - SS (Mlitary)

Thanks Wildrover. You beat me to it.

Hey guys! The 1918 thread is now live here!