Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The English Tour

What an absolutely brilliant evening! Thank you to everyone involved in putting on such an amazing event, and especially to Nick, Giles, Mike, Jeremy and Claire for making me feel so welcome. I wasn't expecting to be pulled up in front of everyone to talk about the plane crash, but it was very humbling, and I'm so proud to be a part of this story. I met some fantastic people and I wish I could do it all over again! Until the next time - cheers to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Danger View Post
    What an absolutely brilliant evening! Thank you to everyone involved in putting on such an amazing event, and especially to Nick, Giles, Mike, Jeremy and Claire for making me feel so welcome. I wasn't expecting to be pulled up in front of everyone to talk about the plane crash, but it was very humbling, and I'm so proud to be a part of this story. I met some fantastic people and I wish I could do it all over again! Until the next time - cheers to you all!
    Glad to hear it Phil. When you're next over here, the British Alt1tude contingent will make you feel just as welcome, I'm sure!

J.

Great write up guys!!!! Wish I could have been there with you all!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Glad to hear it Phil. When you're next over here, the British Alt1tude contingent will make you feel just as welcome, I'm sure!

J.
    I should be heading back in March, Jake. Perhaps you could arrange for canapés and a champagne reception upon my arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Danger View Post
    I should be heading back in March, Jake. Perhaps you could arrange for canapés and a champagne reception upon my arrival?
    I'm sure we could sort out something, Phil. Maybe a forum meet up?

J.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spyvito View Post
    Fantastic event, great people, superb hosts.
    Awesome to finally meet you, Jim! Thanks for making the trip down. Next time, will have you bring some Smokin' Q!

RedBar Atlanta - Sunday 17th September THE ENGLISH TOUR

I really wanted to start my own thread for this event because it really deserves to have one in its own right. The evening had been much anticipated for me, not only because a huge snow storm scuppered my chances of meeting up with Nick at the New York boutique back in March, but also because of all the people in attendance that I've spoken to through social media over the years and everyone who really means something to me through Bremont were all going to be there.

To start, the venue.... wow. What an absolutely perfect location to hold a get together like this. The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant is a WWII themed restaurant which really is a step back in time. Willys Jeeps line the drive way, there's a full size P-51 replica outside the main entrance, then as you walk inside, there's sandbags, aircraft memorabilia and photographs of pilots from the 57th squadron. The staff were great too!

I arrived early and was greeted by Mike Pearson in the parking lot, I've only met Mike once before back in 2011 in London, but its like seeing an friend you've known since childhood. Such a brilliant guy, and he invited me into the venue where I saw Claire from Bremont and Jeremy Walker. I've spoken to Claire a few times over the years and Jeremy and I have had many conversations too especially over the past 12 months. Seeing the beautiful collection of Bremont watches all laid out on the table was really something, and it wasn't even all of them! Mike brought his Victory out, something I've always wanted to see in the flesh, and I got to see my other 2 personal favourites, the DH-88 and the Wright Flyer.

As people started to arrive, I found myself drifting in and out of conversations with people from all walks of life. It was so much fun to hear their stories and passion for watches, and to see how much fun everyone was having just by being around like-minded people! Nick and Giles showed up in the parking lot with the English Tour cars. Everyone swarmed to see their iconic rides and it was brilliant to see something that Nick and Giles' father, Euan English had restored so lovingly all those years ago.

As the evening progressed, we got to hear from RedBar founder Adam Craniotes as well as getting updates from Nick and Giles on everything that's going on with Bremont, and how exciting to hear they finally have planning permission to build the new 35,000sqft facility in Henley to hold the entire manufacturing process from start to finish! Seriously cool building and I can't wait to see it come to life.

The best, and most humbling part for me though, was when Nick asked me to come up and talk about the day he and his father crashed their plane. I never thought I'd see Nick alive again after that day back in 1995, and to see where he and Giles have come, and all they've achieved to date its really quite heartwarming. Seeing the love and passion taught to them by Euan, and putting it to some incredibly good use makes me proud to know the English family, the whole Bremont team and every person that comes along with that!

Thank you so much to every single one of you, I might not remember all of your names, but I had an incredible night. RedBar, Bremont and the 57th Restaurant..... until next time.

If anyone has some photos to share, please add them here too!
    Last edited by jwalker9; 09-20-2017 at 02:10 AM.

The English Tour - Huntsville, AL

Hey guys,

In an attempt to follow up on Jeremy and Mike’s fantastic posts above, I want to share a bit as well --

As the Bremont team traveled from the Atlanta event to Memphis, TN, they made a stop in my hometown of Huntsville, Alabama.

The event was held at The Barn in beautiful historic downtown Madison and was hosted by Bremont AD and all around good people, Loring & Co. Fine Jewelers. The venue, which is home to a private owner’s car collection that I can only describe as utterly breathtaking, made for an excellent backdrop for the pieces brought in for display by the team.

Unfortunately, I was a bit busy talking with everyone in attendance to get a good shot of the room as a whole, but Mike Pearson posted a lot of good pictures over on his Instagram feed that can be seen at this link: https://instagram.com/p/BZNCqPDgCTu/

Similar to the event in Atlanta, greetings and pleasantries were followed up by a short presentation by Nick and Giles, where they shared about the brand and their journey across the States.

As can be expected with these types of events, folks brought out their best – including one gentleman who was kind enough to let us try on and photograph his entire collection! This was the first time I had seen many of these pieces, which included a P-51, Victory, Wright Flyer, Terra Nova, rose gold DH-88, and my personal favorite, a stunning E.J. Churchill (complete with a Damascus Steel case).

As the night was wrapping up, we got a chance to make our way through viewing some of the other pieces on display so below are some of the shots I was able to get – Including one with someone who a few of you may recognize lurking in the background…

ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

Great photos and write ups both - this is why I love Bremont, people are so passionate and keen to share these events for those who couldn't be there. Top job!

Phil, your write up summed up everything that I love about Bremont and the team. What a great bunch they are - every one of them.

J.