Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake Supermarine S500 Warning.

Because folks have asked. I don't think this is detailed enough to give anything away to the forgers, as it is a poor cell phone shot. Anyway...unless Bremont has a relationship with Seagull...The strap is real, that is mine.

If this case is fake it is the best I've seen. Right down to the Faraday cage and neoprene shock protection. I'm still not 100% convinced that this case is a fake, but at minimum the movement has been replaced. I'd be pretty darn disappointed in Bremont if that movement was an original from Bremont. It is marked 26 jewels and faintly with Sellita markings, but the shock absorber is wrong and I have done some other looking and it looks exactly like a seagull. I have seen rotors from seagull marked "Swiss Made" before too. Panerai got hit with something like that on a closed back watch some time ago, but it was still a high quality movement, just wasn't decorated. I do not think that Bremont would do something like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170714_202420.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	3936  
    Last edited by Doc; 07-17-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    MBII-topper
    U2-t
    Wright Flyer
    Some old submariners, Zenith, Blancpain, GO, Omega, Breitling etc...

Yikes. I've heard tales of these as well. Thanks for the info fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

Many thanks to Jake for looking at the pics of the S500BK/GN and the S500 Oracle I bought from Hong Kong in the last month.

Both have been confirmed as fakes.

Also I showed Jake a screen grab of a S500 up for sale on eBay with a high feedback seller and that is a fake too. I've messaged the seller on eBay giving them a heads up.

I've also sent Jake some more pics of S500s up for sale on eBay to look at.

I've never seen anything like it. I've had loads of Bremont watches including a S500BK/GN from an Authorised Dealer and my suspicions weren't aroused. The watches felt high quality and the box and papers look and feel genuine. All pretty scarey !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marcusj View Post
    Many thanks to Jake for looking at the pics of the S500BK/GN and the S500 Oracle I bought from Hong Kong in the last month.

Both have been confirmed as fakes.

Also I showed Jake a screen grab of a S500 up for sale on eBay with a high feedback seller and that is a fake too. I've messaged the seller on eBay giving them a heads up.

I've also sent Jake some more pics of S500s up for sale on eBay to look at.

I've never seen anything like it. I've had loads of Bremont watches including a S500BK/GN from an Authorised Dealer and my suspicions weren't aroused. The watches felt high quality and the box and papers look and feel genuine. All pretty scarey !

Wow! This is getting to be a big issue. I bought from the same guy on eBay but it is not here yet..... I am sure it is fake after what you and Doc said and I bought from the same guy..... this sucks.

Jake - can you PM me with what to look for??

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by Bc321 View Post
    Wow! This is getting to be a big issue. I bought from the same guy on eBay but it is not here yet..... I am sure it is fake after what you and Doc said and I bought from the same guy..... this sucks.

Jake - can you PM me with what to look for??

Brendan, drop me a PM with the pictures.

Jake.

BC321 happy to PM and compare seller name

Chaps, I feel like I must stress though that it is only my opinion - nothing more, nothing less. I take no responsibility for actions you take resulting from my opinion, as it is just that.

J.

Same here. I'm 100% that movement is fake. I've owned tons of Bremont too, including a s500 blue and Oracle, both from an AD. My flag didn't go up until it kept such bad time. If it is entirely fake then it is the best I've seen ever. In this case I would be surprised if this was a parting out scheme rather than an outright fake, but I don't know. Others may have more detailed knowledge than I do. Fyi, the seller just refunded me. I did not get the impression he was in on it, which in some ways is worse because it gets filtered through someone that can be trusted but has also been duped.
    MBII-topper
    U2-t
    Wright Flyer
    Some old submariners, Zenith, Blancpain, GO, Omega, Breitling etc...

Hello everyone, just noticed this on eBay - using the same pictures as one we've seen before (and was shown on one of the threads on the forum previously): Bremont S500. It appears to be from a different seller, though.

Tread carefully, everybody.
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Because folks have asked. I don't think this is detailed enough to give anything away to the forgers, as it is a poor cell phone shot. Anyway...unless Bremont has a relationship with Seagull...The strap is real, that is mine.

If this case is fake it is the best I've seen. Right down to the Faraday cage and neoprene shock protection. I'm still not 100% convinced that this case is a fake, but at minimum the movement has been replaced. I'd be pretty darn disappointed in Bremont if that movement was an original from Bremont. It is marked 26 jewels and faintly with Sellita markings, but the shock absorber is wrong and I have done some other looking and it looks exactly like a seagull. I have seen rotors from seagull marked "Swiss Made" before too. Panerai got hit with something like that on a closed back watch some time ago, but it was still a high quality movement, just wasn't decorated. I do not think that Bremont would do something like that.
    I bought an MBII that is incredible other then the movement. Bremont is investigating. I sent 30 photos to Bremont. Below is the Dropbox link to the photos. I would opinions. I'm hoping at a minimum the eta movement is real https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kl6l3d7bx...xcEhPxGEa?dl=0

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk