Thread: Lume Questions on MBIII and ZT models

Cool Lume Questions on MBIII and ZT models

Hi Guys,

I am interested in either the MBIII, the ALT1 ZT/BK, or the ALT! WT/BK. But I need a quick answer to lume questions:

Which has thicker lume applications?
    What colour is the lume in each model?
    Which provides the greater night-time visibility?

(I have looked at photos online, but the resolution of the photos makes it difficult to determine the colour and how well the photo has been taken!)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

I have the MBIII, so I can only speak about that.

MBIII has blue lume. Night visibility is good, depends on charge. Numbers do not have as good lume as ones on the hands and 24/00 marker at inner bezel.

Here is a great review of the MBIII from Jeremy. This review also convinced me to get the watch.

http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/co...rtin-Baker-III

Note: The photos are 'gone' since Photobucket has decided to charge users to host on third part sites, but still a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    I have the MBIII, so I can only speak about that.

MBIII has blue lume. Night visibility is good, depends on charge. Numbers do not have as good lume as ones on the hands and 24/00 marker at inner bezel.

Here is a great review of the MBIII from Jeremy. This review also convinced me to get the watch.

http://alt1tude.bremont.com/forum/co...rtin-Baker-III

Note: The photos are 'gone' since Photobucket has decided to charge users to host on third part sites, but still a great read.
    Yeah! What's with the photobucket thing!! It's really not helped me in my watch selection dilemma!

That is a spot on review -- you're the third to recommend the MBIII; it seems like the more straightforward watches are the more popular. The increased dial size over my root beer should make a bit of difference in the lume visibility, so I am guessing that would help. We've plenty of sun over here in Canada, but I am told that the thickness of the lume matters. My root beer has 'pots' in which the lume sits, but I think for Bremont, the lume is just painted (printed, presumably) on?
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    Yeah! What's with the photobucket thing!! It's really not helped me in my watch selection dilemma!

That is a spot on review -- you're the third to recommend the MBIII; it seems like the more straightforward watches are the more popular. The increased dial size over my root beer should make a bit of difference in the lume visibility, so I am guessing that would help. We've plenty of sun over here in Canada, but I am told that the thickness of the lume matters. My root beer has 'pots' in which the lume sits, but I think for Bremont, the lume is just painted (printed, presumably) on?
    It's worth noting the blue won't be as strong as the green lume - generally speaking. The lume on my MBII (it appears green but strictly speaking is icy blue) is pretty weak at best, I'll try and take a picture afterwards.

For the geeks here (most of us!?) the lume types Bremont use are as follows: S500/BK-GN and SI and use C7. The S500/BL uses DGW9, as found on the MB series. The ALT series of chronographs uses C1, with the U2 and S500/BK using C3 (this lume is a vintage creamy colour, so also found on the other vintage inspired models.)

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    It's worth noting the blue won't be as strong as the green lume - generally speaking. The lume on my MBII (it appears green but strictly speaking is icy blue) is pretty weak at best, I'll try and take a picture afterwards.
    I have read/heard that blue is the last colour the eye can see in low light, such as deep sea diving. All the other colours get 'absorbed' first, before blue. This may only apply to non illuminated hues. Possibly why many dive watches have blue lume instead of traditional green...or it could be just aesthetics

For the geeks here (most of us!?) the lume types Bremont use are as follows: S500/BK-GN and SI and use C7. The S500/BL uses DGW9, as found on the MB series. The ALT series of chronographs uses C1, with the U2 and S500/BK using C3 (this lume is a vintage creamy colour, so also found on the other vintage inspired models.)

J.
    Thanks for the lume info.

Thanks for the data! Lume is important to me, but it's interesting how it's something that matters to many!