Poll: Which Model Suite Me Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Bremont and in need of guidance on which watch model.

Seems reasonable, J -- whom do I ask and where? i'd be happy to do it myself if they tell me the process they use; I am not behind the door when it comes to case hardening metals -- but I would need to know their process to replicate the colour.

There's definitely a titanium version on the Bremont website now (https://shop.bremont.com/collections...=6885700933)-- I am wondering if this would be a closer match than the stainless. It's rather difficult to gauge the colours from the website -- much easier in person. Do you know if there is a dealer near Heathrow that carries the bracelets at all? I am popping over in August and I'd like to take a look.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    Seems reasonable, J -- whom do I ask and where? i'd be happy to do it myself if they tell me the process they use; I am not behind the door when it comes to case hardening metals -- but I would need to know their process to replicate the colour.

There's definitely a titanium version on the Bremont website now (https://shop.bremont.com/collections...=6885700933)-- I am wondering if this would be a closer match than the stainless. It's rather difficult to gauge the colours from the website -- much easier in person. Do you know if there is a dealer near Heathrow that carries the bracelets at all? I am popping over in August and I'd like to take a look.
    Send the customerservice@bremont.com address an email and see what reply you get, I suppose!

Near Heathrow? Tricky. There's a dealer in Windsor, but as to whether they'd have a selection of the bracelets or not, who knows? I'd imagine it'd be an order-in item.

If you could stretch, I'd take a trip to central London and go to one of the boutiques. That'd be the easiest way to guarantee seeing them.

J.

I think the titanium bracelets were made to match the titanium cases.

Titanium is generally a warmer colour (slightly yellow) than general steel (slightly blue), aluminum is generally neutral (white). Heat treating and other process, including type and blend of metals, will effect the colour. Of course, when you throw in lighting and lens distortions, that throws off colour.

Ahhh! Yeah, I've noticed that there's a slightly yellowish tinge.

I emailed Bremont yesterday and received a prompt and pleasant email from Michael Pearson. He sadly indicated that the bracelet would need to be heat treated link by link and that this process would cost $3000 or more. As a result, Bremont cannot (will not) heat treat a bracelet for me. He did indicate the case hardening process, but does not recommend anyone attempt it. I'd have a go, though, if I had enough $ to throw on a bracelet or two to test the process on. So that's that out!

Looks like I'll have to move on to a S500 or something in the titanium range.

I'll contact Michael again to see if he'd let me trade up/across for no loss. I'm afraid I can't get comfortable with straps! 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'