Poll: Which Model Suite Me Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Bremont and in need of guidance on which watch model.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm, yeah -- that colour difference would drive me nuts! Has anyone heat treated the bracelet to get the same colour as the case?
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

New to Bremont and in need of guidance on which watch model.

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    Thanks for the input, guys! I called in to see Rob at Topper's while I was down in CA. He found me an ALT1-ZT/BK which I walked away with. I am still getting used to the increase in size from my 16753 and I am disappointed that the GMT hand does not have a larger triangle on it, but I am sure that'll wain.

I am, however, struggling with the bracelet issue (or, more accurately, the lack of one that matches); I never take my watch off and want something a bit more showy for dressy occasions. I am not a fan of the leather straps as they (apparently) don't hold up to water well and the rubber strap felt a bit like it was pulling at my arm hairs. I left with a nato in black -- but I really want something more dressy. Any suggestions?
    I would maybe suggest giving the Temple Island rubber another look. When it's broken in, I find it supremely comfortable.

For what it's worth, I have the bracelet on my S500 and, to the naked eye, the end links match as close to perfect as they can. However, when I take a #womw in some lighting conditions, it does look as if there's a massive disparity in colour - I can assure you there is not!

It is odd how it varies between models, but I guess that's down to the differing finishes applied to each case.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-23-2017 at 07:26 AM.

While you may find a bracelet that was 'designed' to fit a 43mm diameter case with 22mm lug width, it may not be designed to fit Bremont's lug profile. You may have a hard time finding a bracelet that fits, without gaps or raised edges. Best to stick with same brand as watch you are fitting when it comes to bracelets.

Straps are a lot easier to 'match', although ones with curved spring bar keepers look best, exception would be NATO's. Obviously, same branded straps work/look best.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I would maybe suggest giving the Temple Island rubber another look. When it's broken in, I find it supremely comfortable.

For what it's worth, I have the bracelet on my S500 and, to the naked eye, the end links match as close to perfect as they can. However, when I take a #womw in some lighting conditions, it does look as if there's a massive disparity in colour - I can assure you there is not!

It is odd how it varies between models, but I guess that's down to the differing finishes applied to each case.

J.
    Hmmm, that's interesting, Jake... I wonder if it's something to do with the different grains in the metals or something? I admit to having seen a number of photos whereby the bracelet appears to match the case superbly -- is the S500 case differently hardened?

The most vexing thing is that there is no agent in Canada for Bremont -- I had to travel 1500 miles to see Rob to purchase the Alt1. The bracelet he showed me definitely didn't match well, so I wonder if there are some differences in case hardening between models.

I've tried to research on this forum, but the current photobucket nonsense means I can't actually see many of the good photos that have been taken. One post discusses the Alt1 ZT and a bracelet specifically, but I can't see any of the photos! Grrr

How long does it take the TI to soften up?

Do you know if Giles and the gang can (or would) case harden a bracelet for me such that it matches the case better -- as a sort of special order? I used to work as an engineer wars ago, and I can't see any reason why hardening the links would be problematic seeing as the cases go thorough the process.....

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    While you may find a bracelet that was 'designed' to fit a 43mm diameter case with 22mm lug width, it may not be designed to fit Bremont's lug profile. You may have a hard time finding a bracelet that fits, without gaps or raised edges. Best to stick with same brand as watch you are fitting when it comes to bracelets.

Straps are a lot easier to 'match', although ones with curved spring bar keepers look best, exception would be NATO's. Obviously, same branded straps work/look best.
    Thanks for the input, Awildermode. I had thought that third party bracelets would be problematic because of the lug profile. Bremont do have remarkably individual lugs.

What strap would you recommended for all round dressy and strong with good water protection? What do you use?

Straps are usually not good for water, unless you go with rubber.

As Jake mentioned, the Temple Island is great for water. Bremont also offers an Intergrated Rubber Strap, as seen on the S500 series. Bremont's NATOs are not 100% water friendly, as the keepers are leather. Obviously, there are third party NATOs that are not constructed with leather and more water friendly. That only matters if you are diving with the watch.

GasGasBones makes some really nice straps that may fit your needs. I have a few of his straps, very comfortable and really well made.

Currently, I have a 'Bond' NATO from Cincy Strap Works on my MBIII...and a standard leather on my ALT1-C. I, too, am looking for a (Bremont) bracelet, just have not pulled the trigger, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    I, too, am looking for a (Bremont) bracelet, just have not pulled the trigger, yet.
    Does the difference in colour bother you? I think Jake said that the bracelets go well with the S500 -- but the bracelet I tried against my Alt1 was quite different in tone and colour.

I've looked at GGS and Cincy; their tuff is really nice.... but I am wanting something for dressy occasions. I wonder if there is any way that I could get Giles to investigate hardening one of their bracelets to match the alt case?

Hey J, I don't suppose you would know if the titanium bracelet offered by Bremont is a better match to the ALT1 case?

I have just taken a slide by Bremont's website and noticed three different bracelet options -- unfortunately, they don't show them with a watch (and their website images are not very telling for colour matching).

Hey J, I don't suppose you would know if the titanium bracelet offered by Bremont is a better match to the ALT1 case?

I have just taken a slide by Bremont's website and noticed three different bracelet options -- unfortunately, they don't show them with a watch (and their website images are not very telling for colour matching).
    I've not seen a Bracelet on an ALT for a while, but as far as I am aware, the only difference is the end links. The actual bracelet is the same.

The different brackets are the one I have on my S500 - a matte finished SS one, one for the AIRCO which is polished finished, and a DLC one.

J.

Do you know if Giles and the gang can (or would) case harden a bracelet for me such that it matches the case better -- as a sort of special order? I used to work as an engineer wars ago, and I can't see any reason why hardening the links would be problematic seeing as the cases go thorough the process.....

I'm sure they can, but I highly doubt they would - mainly due to the cost of the process, and the amount of them they would likely have to put through the process just for your one set. Cost effectiveness and all that..

However, why not ask the question? You don't ask, you don't get!

J.