Thread: Temple Island strap uncomfortable

Temple Island strap uncomfortable

Hi guys

Not posted for a little while but I decided to start using my TI strap last week. I have persisted with it until now and taken it back off.

Basically I find I am sweating under the strap with it like there is now tomorrow but the worst thing is I am finding it horribly uncomfortable. The strap doesn't seem to sit properly and is causing the base of the buckle to dig down into my wrist. Not sure if this is because the strap is so stiff or my wrist is to big for this strap.
    I have the regular strap and a 7.5" wrist, the strap is on the third from last hole when I have it on.

Has anyone had this problem and does it ease as the strap is worn more often.

So far I am not impressed but have read good things about this strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temple Island strap uncomfortable

Hi Shaky, what watch was it on? I initially had that issue when I put it on my MBII, due to the initial stiffness of the strap, but it got better as the strap got older - the addition of a deployment clasp helped too as its length helped bend the strap to a more wearable shape. Now I think it's probably the most comfortable strap I own.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 06-01-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Hi Shaky, for some weeks now I have been wearing my TI strap on my Alt1tude LE and find it quite comfortable, not as comfortable as my custom made one but most certainly wearable all the same. I have it on the fourth from last hole with no issues to report!
    Cheers,
    Gavin

Weird, mine is super comfortable. Way better than I expected.
    - TexZan -

Thanks for the replies guys. I have had it on my MBii and also on an Omega planet ocean, no better on either.

Your replies are what gets me....you guys saying it's a comfy strap and it digging into me. I have persisted with it a bit just in case it needed breaking in. My other theory is it's actually to small for me.
    It's clearly a thick strap and that is what is causing the problem for me as it is t bending enough to allow the tang buckle to lie flat on my wrist. That's why the spring bar end of the buckle is digging into my wrist.
    I will try the deployment clasp on it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have had it on my MBii and also on an Omega planet ocean, no better on either.

Your replies are what gets me....you guys saying it's a comfy strap and it digging into me. I have persisted with it a bit just in case it needed breaking in. My other theory is it's actually to small for me.
    It's clearly a thick strap and that is what is causing the problem for me as it is t bending enough to allow the tang buckle to lie flat on my wrist. That's why the spring bar end of the buckle is digging into my wrist.
    I will try the deployment clasp on it and see what happens.

Something you could try is get a pint glass or similar, curl the strap and place it inside for a little bit, to soften it out and hopefully make it fit a little better on your wrist. I know it works for leather, so it may well work for this.

J.

Good tip. I will try that Jake, thanks