Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bremont Trade-Up Scheme!

New Bremont Trade-Up Scheme!

Hello everyone,

Bremont have just announced that, for the month of May only, you can 'trade up' your Bremont for a new model.

Find out more about it here: Bremont Trade Offer.

It's only being trialled in the US at the moment, but if successful it will make its way to the UK. Do we think it's a good idea?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 04-24-2017 at 02:36 PM.

That's really interesting. Should be noted that you can trade in ANY watch from any brand and crown and caliber will send you back a trade-in offer. As you guys know, these offers are usually below what you could get from a straight sale, but it's super easy. C&C will give 20% more in Bremont store credit to purchase a new watch through the NYC Boutique. Interesting idea and partnership!

Innovative - good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

New Bremont Trade-Up Scheme!

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    Innovative - good idea
    Agreed. If it introduces more people to the brand (and hopefully the forum!), then that's a good thing in my opinion.

J.

I thought I would give this program a try! As the process procedeeds I will update the group with just how the deal goes down! So far I have decided to trade in my Bremont Model 1 for a Bremont MB11 White face with Green barrel! I have filled out the required forms and took fresh pictures of my Boeing which is in excellent to mint condition! The retail price of my watch and the watch I want to trade for are exactly the same! So,,, this should give us a pretty good idea as to what our watches will bring in this new program! Wish me luck, Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLeslie View Post
    I thought I would give this program a try! As the process procedeeds I will update the group with just how the deal goes down! So far I have decided to trade in my Bremont Model 1 for a Bremont MB11 White face with Green barrel! I have filled out the required forms and took fresh pictures of my Boeing which is in excellent to mint condition! The retail price of my watch and the watch I want to trade for are exactly the same! So,,, this should give us a pretty good idea as to what our watches will bring in this new program! Wish me luck, Cheers Jim
    Keep us updated, Jim. And when you're done, a little low-down on the programme would be appreciated I'm sure!

J.

Good luck Jim! When did you fly Vipers?

I flew Vipers with the 302TFS at Luke 1987-1994. It was an USAFR squadron.
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Yesterday I got the response for my request to trade my Bremont Model 1 for credit at the Bremont New York boutique. Their offer was $2310 for credit or would give $1925 cash. This was an amount that was slightly lower than I had anticipated. Knowing how dealers are in the business of buying and selling for a profit, one has to know that this is not the best way sell and buy a watch! But it does make for a safe and easy way to get out of a watch you might not want to keep and new one that gets your juices flowing! I have never sold or flipped a watch before and as I look at my Boeing Model 1, I just can't bring myself to do this trade! Not so much because I feel their offer is unfair, but I am an admitted hoarder of watches! As my wife watched me agonize over the choice of letting go one watch for another she said keep your watch and just buy another when your ready! I am truly a lucky man! As for how do I feel about this trade up program, the bottom line is business is business and both Crown and Caliber and Bremont are in the business to make money and are not charity organizations. So one has to decide their own circumstance to decide if this is a worth while way to get out of an old watch for a new one! I have used this process all my adult life with cars. I have never made money on a car! I have lost every time on a trade in, but I always walk out with the biggest grin on my face! There is always a price for easy peasy trades! Thanks for listen to my ramblings! Cheers Jim
    Last edited by CaptLeslie; 05-12-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLeslie View Post
    Yesterday I got the response for my request to trade my Bremont Model 1 for credit at the Bremont New York boutique. Their offer was $2310 for credit or would give $1925 cash. This was an amount that was slightly lower than I had anticipated. Knowing how dealers are in the business of buying and selling for a profit, one has to know that this is not the best way sell and buy a watch! But it does make for a safe and easy way to get out of a watch you might not want to keep and new one that gets your juices flowing! I have never sold or flipped a watch before and as I look at my Boeing Model 1, I just can't bring myself to do this trade! Not so much because I feel their offer is unfair, but I am an admitted hoarder of watches! As my wife watched me agonize over the choice of letting go one watch for another she said keep your watch and just buy another when your ready! I am truly a lucky man! As for how do I feel about this trade up program, the bottom line is business is business and both Crown and Caliber and Bremont are in the business to make money and are not charity organizations. So one has to decide their own circumstance to decide if this a worth while way to get out of an old watch for a new one! I have used this process all my adult life with cars. I have never made money on a car! I have lost every time on a trade in, but I always walk out with the biggest grin on my face! There is always a price for easy peasy trades! Thanks for listen to my ramblings! Cheers Jim
    Those ramblings make total sense Jim, and thanks for reporting back! The offer was never going to be top dollar because, like you say, everyone needs to make money. That's why, traditionally, a private sale is often best for the seller!

Glad to see the Model 1 isn't going anywhere, and do let us know when you decide to pick up your next Bremont (hopefully!)

J.