Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Date Change on a Bremont ALT1 P/BL

Date Change on a Bremont ALT1 P/BL

I bought a used ALT1 P/BL and in the manual it says to pull out the crown to position 2 and turn the crown clockwise so you can do a fast date change. I cannot get the watch to do anything in the 2nd position and sometimes it feels like there really is not one there at all. Then I see this tiny button on the side of the case at the 10 o'clock position so I start pushing on it and the date changes with each push. There is no mention of this tiny button in the manual and I thought I would ask to see if any of you have the same thing on your ALT1 P/BL
    Is there supposed to be a second position on the crown also?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170409_211858 copy.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	3851  
    Last edited by Statos; 04-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.

The adjusting crown is on the right (3 o'clock position). Pull that one out to Position 2, first click, to adjust the date. Pull more, and you can adjust the time.

The crown on the lower left, (8 o'clock) turns the inner bezel. Go ahead and turn it and feel the satisfying click of the Roto-Click.

The Alt1-P only has a two position stem! To set the date quickly pull stem out set the time to 6:00 to make sure the date is not in the process of changing then with a tooth pic or other small pointed tool push the little button on the barrel at 10:00 one time for each day you want to advance! Then just set the time and hack the watch! Easy Peasy! Cheers JIM.
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLeslie View Post
    The Alt1-P only has a two position stem! To set the date quickly pull stem out set the time to 6:00 to make sure the date is not in the process of changing then with a tooth pic or other small pointed tool push the little button on the barrel at 10:00 one time for each day you want to advance! Then just set the time and hack the watch! Easy Peasy! Cheers JIM.

OMG Thank You Very Much for confirming it only has a two position stem!! I was going nuts trying to confirm this.

Ha! I totally misunderstood the original post. The watches I have (Alt1-C, MBIII) with dates, have Pos 2 to adjust. And I thought you meant the "tiny button" as the Roto crown.

Thanks Jim, for coming in and saving the day. Sorry for the confusion.

Seems like Bremont should really update the owner's manual for the ALT1 P/BL. Seems like a point of information that is too important to exclude/fail to mention in the owner's manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vig2000 View Post
    Seems like Bremont should really update the owner's manual for the ALT1 P/BL. Seems like a point of information that is too important to exclude/fail to mention in the owner's manual.
    It doesn't matter what Bremont you buy, I think you get a generic owners manual!
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Question for you -- I seem to remember pushing the quick correction button while the crown was all the way pushed in. Should we pull it out to position two when we do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

I have always pulled it out and set the time to 6:00 just because I know it is safe to change the date on any watch I own! I think you don't have to pull the stem to change the date just make sure you don't due it between 10:00pm-2:00am for safety's sake! Cheers JIM

It doesn't matter what Bremont you buy, I think you get a generic owners manual!
    I think so, too. Well, therein lies the problem!