Thread: 3rd Party Straps with "Bremont" Strap Bar Curve?

3rd Party Straps with "Bremont" Strap Bar Curve?

Hello Bremont Fans.

I've searched pretty extensively, and I've read threads going back a couple of years, and two things have not been made clear:

1. Who is making the Bremont straps and can we buy them with the nice curve directly from that maker?

2. Is anyone making a strap that has a curve that will work well with the Bremont curved spring bars and create the same look?

I wear a BC-S2, but the question holds for nearly all of the 43mm watches they make, I think.

I've looked at the Hirsch straps, and my concern is that they take up too much space between spring bars and case, hiding the beautiful Trip-Tick. Otherwise, I'm not really finding that curve just so in any 3rd party straps.

I've looked at:
    Bas & Lokes (they're looking like a great option, but still no curve exactly)
    Hirsch (see above, perhaps too much leather between spring bar and case)
    Rob Montana (custom work, possible to have him make the curve, but not sure he can)
    Bulang & Sons (no curve)
    n80leather (custom stuff, maybe could do something similar, but his style suggests something less finished than I'd want)

So, has anyone cracked the code on the 3rd party straps that would have that lovely curved spring bar slot?

Thanks!
    ACF

3rd Party Straps with "Bremont" Strap Bar Curve?

I haven't had much luck on this front. I can say that the OEM offerings from Bremont are top notch. Have you seen any in their online store that strike your fancy? I've probably got a dozen or so in different colors and whoever their manufacturer is does good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

I've yet to get another strap from Bremont, but I''m headed to their boutique in NYC soon (we live just north of the city). I'm sure I'll pick up a strap or two there. I'm so accustomed to interchangeability with straps on other watches that I kind of have to break habit to think I'm restricted to Bremont straps only. Perhaps the straight spring bar will be fine on my Bremont. I ordered a good looking Hersch and will give that a whirl and report back.

Looking forward to bring the watch to the boutique and checking some out first hand.

ACF

Strap

I went to Martu leather for my strap.Not as much of a curve as the Bremont strap but still loads of room between the strap and case.I rubbed mine down a bit on smooth sandpaper to allow the original deployment clasp to be used however i see they now have an option of the strap being tapered which should in theory allow the deployment to fit.Happy enough for the price i paid.
    Last edited by Markyboy.1967; 04-09-2017 at 07:46 PM.