Thread: Aftermarket straps on Boeing Model 1

Aftermarket straps on Boeing Model 1

Hi guys...I have a white Model 1 that I love.

I have a question about adding an aftermarket strap. Can I use a standard straight 22mm spring bar between the hex screws, or do I need to slide the OEM curved spring bar onto the strap and use that?

Thanks!
    Greg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Hey Greg,

To answer your question, I think it's going to be somewhat strap dependent. Most straps should work with straight spring bars, unless the ends are super thick. Do you have any particular straps in mind?

I was thinking more along the lines of a custom canvas strap, which shouldn't be too thick. I can try both spring bars, but I think my bigger question is around the "safety" of using a straight spring bar with this type of hex screw design. Now that I think about it, a 22mm lug width should work with a 22mm straight spring bar. I just want to make sure that if I use a straight spring bar, that my watch is not going to come crashing to the floor.

Thanks!

I wouldn't think so, Greg. I've sampled a few of the Boeing models on a few different straps and don't recall ever having issues. Drew straps makes a beautiful canvas strap!