Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An American in London

An American in London

Way off topic but I thought this would be a good place to get some advice from fellow Bremont fans.....

The wife and I are heading to London in a few weeks for the first time. Looking for recommendations for things to do (outside the obvious) and restaurants & Pubs to hit. We will be staying in the Mayfair section of town. Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

- B
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Highly recommend the circus restaurant (near Covent Garden) food is good and very unique atmosphere then turns into a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After visiting the boutique head for the Running Horse on Davies St - great post purchase pint. Restaurant is pretty solid too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What sort of place are you looking for BC? Trendy lunch, fine dining, somewhere a bit funky?

Thanks all. Scwheeler- looking for the fun/odd/awesome places that the locals know. It's easy to look in a book for recommendations but I figured the London locals know best. Pubs, fine dining (for the wife), high tea (for the wife.... please tell me they have alcohol), off the beaten track recommendations welcomed!

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

I'm not sure what the locals think of it, but we really enjoyed catching a pint at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on our visit a few years ago! One of the oldest pubs in London if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    I'm not sure what the locals think of it, but we really enjoyed catching a pint at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on our visit a few years ago! One of the oldest pubs in London if I'm not mistaken.
    The Cheshire Cheese is one is London's most historic pubs dating back to 1538 before being rebulit in 1667 after the Great Fire of London!!

Bc321 - how long are you staying in London for?

You could book a trip on the "London Eye" and then something to eat at CANTEEN on the Southbank afterwards before wandering over Hungerford Bridge to Gordon's Wine Bar (by Embankmant tube station) on Villiers Street before wandering for a few minutes more up Villiers Street past Charing Cross Railway station crossing over The Strand to The Harp pub (great beer and a great pub) in Chandos Place.

If you're staying in Mayfair then a trip to the Bremont Boutique is a given!

Enjoy your trip, it's a great city.

Rich.

Here's a few local places below, sadly I have never done high tea so can't recommend any:

The Guinea Grill, Mayfair - Old style pub and good steaks. Hawksmoor, Mayfair have great steaks too.

ROKA, Mayfair - Japanese grill. Galvin @ Windows - fine dining.

Also take a short trip in to Shoreditch and hang out with the trendy hipsters, loads of good places to eat and drink.

Suggestion
    Tea at Ritz
    Lunch at Langans brasserie

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    Suggestion
    Tea at Ritz
    Lunch at Langans brasserie

Both brilliant - and recommended - options. I've always preferred The Dorchester to the Ritz though!

J.