Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Let us know so we can all meet at Bremont Mayfair
    Coffees good!

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Browns Hotel is a wonderful experience for an afternoon tea my wife and I had wonderful afternoon and it doesn't come with a set amount of fair. One of the oldest hotels in London I think just off Piccadilly.

Ah, my manor!

High tea: Browns for tea is better than the Ritz - and those who know know that Browns is the place to be.

Dinner: Langans is ok but it's gone down the pan a bit in the last few years. If you want "proper" English food, I suggest either Rules in Maiden Lane (just off Covent Garden, and the oldest restaurant in London) or Boisdales in Pimlico (just north of the river, near Victoria, and more Scottish than English, but still ruddy awesome). The Guinea Grill is very good too - the steak and kidney pudding is probably the best in London. If you like steak, have a look at Goodmans on Maddox Street, just off Regent Street.

Fine dining: The Savoy Grill at the Savoy Hotel is very good (owned by Gordon "Sweary McSwearyface" Ramsay), and for super-fine dining, Roux at the Landau is amazing. The Savoy is on the Strand, just south of Covent Garden, and Roux is on Regent Street north of Oxford Street.

Pubs: So many to choose from! It really depends on where you're staying. Ye Olde Cheddar Cheese is supposed to be fun, although I've never been there. For a traditional pub experience have a look at the Goat on Albermarle Street (just down from Browns), or the Coal Hole on the Strand (just up from the Savoy). The Blue Posts in Mayfair is also ok. The Grapes and the Kings Head in Shepherd's Market (a bit southwest of Mayfair, near the Bremont Boutique and Berkley Square) are good, although the Grapes is a little small. If you like your craft ales and microbreweries, there's a host of them in London Bridge and Bermondsey, on the south side opposite the City.

Attractions: So much to see and do. The London Eye is great, better in good weather. You can't beat a bus tour to get your bearings, and some incorporate a river cruise too which is good. I always enjoy getting the boat from Embankment down to Greenwich, where you can visit the Cutty Sark, The National Maritime Museum, and the Royal Observatory (there they have Harrison's clocks - a must for any horologist!). Many of the museums and galleries are free but you have to pay for special exhibitions.

One word to the wise - before you get on the Tube (Underground / subway) have a look at a street map. Quite often it's actually quicker to walk it rather than get the Tube, and you see more on foot too! (few of the locals travel round central London by Tube unless they have to cover a bigger distance).
    Last edited by turbohobbit; 02-12-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Try a gin and tonic at The Chesterfield
    Just round the corner from Bremont boutique

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Thank you everyone!!! Really appreciate the feedback!

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer