Poll: Which new case size would you like to Bremont use in 2017?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont in 2017 - New Case Size?

Bremont in 2017 - New Case Size?

I'm not sure if any of you guys have had time to listen to the recent Oster Jewelers podcast with Nick English, but they teased a couple things that we may see in 2017.

The primary hint that was mentioned by Nick early in the interview (around 3:00 mark), was new case sizes in 2 of their product ranges.

I find this to be a very interesting move for Bremont! While Bremont have always identified themselves as makers of aviation watches, which are typically larger in size (42mm+), it would seem that the general trend in the global watch market is transitioning to smaller case sizes. So my suspicion is that we may see a move towards a slightly smaller case in 2017.

How do you guys feel about new products in an entirely new case size from what Bremont have used in the past?

So far, Bremont have primarily used the 43mm case as their standard size, but there have been a few exceptions:
    -45mm Supermarine 2000
    -39mm BC-S1 and BC-F1 (both retired around 2012)
    -37mm Solo range
    -32mm Ladies Solo range

So what case size would you like to see Bremont introduce this year? Please Vote and post on what you'd like to see and why.

I think 36mm would allow Bremont to make a true unisex model that would draw in a larger audience, if the case thickness is narrowed to keep it more proportional. There are a lot more people in the world with wrists that 36mm are a perfect size and a watch size similar to a Rolex Datejust is the ticket! The problem with Bremont's 37mm is that is a little to tall for the size. So I would discontinue the 37mm and redesign a 36mm that is better proportional for the largest segment of the watch wearing public! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

I've seen the countdown teaser on the website. I was thinking about case size the other day. I like very much the IWC mk XVIII watch which is a 40mm case and I think is the perfect size. A midnight blue-dialed 40mm Bremont would be very tempting.

I personally would rather see a larger case size. I love all my 43mm ones, but the case design is pushing the boundaries of height.

I think my S2000 is far better proportioned than the S500. Granted, that is a diver, but the 7750 based models are also quite tall.

A three hander would be fine however.

I am hoping that they reuse the S2000 case for some additional models.

I love my MBii but ooooh boy would I like that made in a 45mm case....

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

43mm works great for me but variety is always good. However as Smegwina mentioned about proportions, I wouldn't mind it slightly slimmer as feel the proportions would work a little better.

I would like to see cases 44+ as I find Bremont wear on the small side which is the main reason I sold all mine. The only one that seems to wear larger is the Boeing Model 1 for some reason.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

I voted 40mm (39mm would work too) because when I got interested in Bremont I was smitten by my IWC XVIII (still am - it's perfect) and was interested in the white solo. I found the MBII instead and am now wanting the white/silver XVIII. Would have been interested in the solo if it were smaller (but bigger than 37mm). Would be nice to see it in the same blue color palate as the timeless luxury blue Nomos Club LE. Oh yeah, and I agree with Cpt. that they have to make it proportionally thinner otherwise it doesn't look or feel right.

Having 6.5" wrists 42mm is my max but Bremonts 43mm case w/shorter lug make it seem smaller. But 40mm is the sweet spot for a lot of people including me.

I'd also love to see a 40mm watch geared toward SOF... think RCND II and/or the mbiii with a wr of 300m. GMT hand, Dive bezel, and internal rotating compass bezel which would also work to mark mission time. Give it a bracelet and rubber strap.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    How do you guys feel about new products in an entirely new case size from what Bremont have used in the past?

So far, Bremont have primarily used the 43mm case as their standard size...
    I think smaller or larger case sizes would nicely complement their current 43mm standard case size, but I just hope they're not planning to completely replace their 43mm case size with sizes that are way smaller or way bigger, which IMO is <40mm or >45mm. I think they found a sweet spot with 43mm, which is so characteristically Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by me1357 View Post
    The only one that seems to wear larger is the Boeing Model 1 for some reason.
    The white dial and thin bezel of the Boeing Model 1 will make it wear larger.

I heard this on the Keeping Time pod as well. I'm looking to acquire a diver for my 2017 watch and am really hoping they do something to the Supermarine range. Guess we will all see soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

Quote Originally Posted by sierra11b View Post
    I voted 40mm (39mm would work too) because when I got interested in Bremont I was smitten by my IWC XVIII (still am - it's perfect).
    I think so too. The IWC is the watch I can't stop thinking about at the moment. Somehow for me it works better than the Solo (which is a lovely watch). The differences are marginal but it's funny how it can make such a difference in the eye of the beholder.