Thread: Grand Tour

Exclamation Grand Tour

Anyone watched the offering on Amazon from the Three Stooges?

I really did like Clarkson and Co when they were on the BBC. However, some of the stuff they are doing now is childish to be childish.

Shame, because when they do real road tests and even the not so serious they are good.

Hope it picks up soon.
    Last edited by Wildrover; 12-19-2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Missed a word out.

I have seen a couple of episodes. Some of it has been very good but they are becoming caricatures of themselves like you say.

I'm finding it light on content and ideas. There are bits of the show that they obviously can't copy from the old format but I don't understand why they keep going with the same jokes which are already tired after five episodes.

Their timed laps bit isn't working and their's not a lot of features per episode. It's been 18 months since Top Gear so I don't understand why they can be only a third of the way through their first season and have run out of things to do, this week was a single feature about 3 sports cars one of which was an MX-5, the remainder of the show was inane chat and Gee-wiz Battleship (ala Caravan conkers, car darts etc etc.)

That said the film work on the car specific bits remains very good.

Quote Originally Posted by NineBolts View Post
    I'm finding it light on content and ideas. There are bits of the show that they obviously can't copy from the old format but I don't understand why they keep going with the same jokes which are already tired after five episodes.

Their timed laps bit isn't working and their's not a lot of features per episode. It's been 18 months since Top Gear so I don't understand why they can be only a third of the way through their first season and have run out of things to do, this week was a single feature about 3 sports cars one of which was an MX-5, the remainder of the show was inane chat and Gee-wiz Battleship (ala Caravan conkers, car darts etc etc.)

That said the film work on the car specific bits remains very good.

Agreed, they're passed their best and should probably quite whilst they remain (every so slightly) ahead of the curve.

The concept of three blokes talking about cars still works, it's just they don't see to talk all that much about the cars.....

J.

I was thinking of getting Amazon TV, not just for GT but that would be a big pull. Worth it in general or am I better off sticking to Netflix / my current offerings from Virgin?
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse