Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salon QP - Saatchi Gallery - London.

Here are a few of my snaps from Thursday afternoon/evening and Friday day. Not too many because, as we know, iPhone batteries don't like to last very long!

The banners outside welcoming visitors in to the event.

Whilst waiting for a friend to turn up, there was something interesting to look at, too.. (Nice camera, don't you think? )

Some more banners to look at whilst waiting to get in..

In! The car in the background is a Morgan, whom announced a partnership with Christopher Ward on the Friday morning.

Here's a few (average shots) of the stand. The light wasn't great, and the stand wasn't fully set up yet, but this was the only time I could take pictures without people barging me out of the way!

Katie and Drew (ducked down behind the counter in the front!) still trying to set up the stand. I think the work these two people do to get Bremont stands/events to the standard we are accustomed is incredible, and very much appreciated by us all, I'm sure.

As you can see, the DH88 featured prominently on the stand as you would expect. There seemed to be a lot of interest from passers by in the gold one on display. I think that's a sign something has been done right!

Now for two particularly interesting displays outside of Bremont..

You don't often see these all in one place - all for sale, if you're interested (and have approx. £1million to spare..)

This, for me, was probably the standout piece of SQP: Roger Smiths GREAT Britain watch - very, very, nice and a pleasure to chat to Roger as always! The watch isn't for sale, as it's a one off commission. The story behind the watch is worth a read, and can be found here: GREAT Britain. Price tag? Who knows, but Roger thinks about £180k.

As an aside, it was nice to meet one of the forum members, PrestJoh. Hope you enjoyed the event, John.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-08-2016 at 04:02 PM.

That's an expensive box of Daytonas, Jake!
    The watches (unless there is something someone I know, FAR better qualified than me, has missed) are worth about £660,000 in his estimation.
    So £400,00 for the box and convenience of an instant collection........?

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    That's an expensive box of Daytonas, Jake!
    The watches (unless there is something someone I know, FAR better qualified than me, has missed) are worth about £660,000 in his estimation.
    So £400,00 for the box and convenience of an instant collection........?
    The plot thickens! I estimated similar ballpark - circa £700k, but I was reliably informed it was about £1m. Curious!

Either way, bloody expensive!

J.

Good to meet you Jake, hope you enjoyed the show.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The plot thickens! I estimated similar ballpark - circa £700k, but I was reliably informed it was about £1m. Curious!

Either way, bloody expensive!

J.
    But what a collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Prestjoh View Post
    Good to meet you Jake, hope you enjoyed the show.
    Wasn't as good as previous years, but still enjoyable.

See you again soon, hopefully.

J.