Thread: A slightly different 'Special Project' - London's Air Ambulance watch.

A slightly different 'Special Project' - London's Air Ambulance watch.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share this here - something slightly different to the usual Military projects we see from Bremont. It was announced yesterday, and has been released by Bremont to support London's Air Ambulance, a charity of which Bremont has been a long term supporter.

Based on the Solo, here is the blurb from Bremont themselves:

"Based on the Bremont Solo, the custom watch features a number of significant design elements relevant to London’s Air Ambulance. The dial features at 9 o’clock the ‘Medic One badge’ logo. The ‘2’ and the ‘7’ are printed in red signifying 27 on the dial and the date disc has 28 shown in red (other numbers in white). Helimed 27 is London’s Air Ambulance’s main helicopter call-sign. This changes to Helimed 27 'Alpha' when dispatched on a mission. With category alpha clearance, Helimed 27 has priority over all other aircraft i.e. everything moves out of the way (Easyjet/BA and even the Queen!) hence the 'A' in the 12 o'clock position on the dial. The Helimed 28 call-sign would only be used for a further helicopter in the air, such as in a major incident. The open case back features a bespoke rotor featuring the MD902 helicopter. (rotor subject to minimum order quantity)"

And here is the watch:

As is usual for Bremont M&SP pieces, it comes with this requirement: "
    This special timepiece is available to London's Air Ambulance paramedics, fire officers, doctors, pilots and the charity employees. A percentage of sale proceeds will be donated to the London’s Air Ambulance whom we proudly support. (Charity No 801013)"

A note on the above: it is great to see it being extended out to charity employees too - the more they make, the more the charity benefits after all! I wonder if there will be more for other HEMS units? It's a neat idea to raise money and support.

If anyone here happens to fit the above criteria, contact: specialprojects@Bremont.com.

J.

Very cool! I love the special project watches.

Very cool, and a service that's very close to Nick's heart as if it wasn't for the London Air Ambulance he would not be here today. Lovely stuff.

Super cool! I enjoyed reading about the unique design features of this one, especially the 12 o'clock "A" feature instead of the standard red triangle. Well played!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Danger View Post
    Very cool, and a service that's very close to Nick's heart as if it wasn't for the London Air Ambulance he would not be here today. Lovely stuff.
    Absolutely Phil.

Hope you and the family are well - good to see you back here.

J.

Hi all, i thought you would like to see my HEMS Bremont Solo (hopefully attached), the guys at the special projects department were fantastic to work with and we are so happy with the final design.

The numbers 2 & 7 were changed to red to signify our primary call-sign 'Helimed-27' The triangle at 12 O'clock position was also changed to the the letter 'A' to signify our mission callsign 'Helimed-27 ALPHA' which gives us priority over all other aviation traffic.

The number 28 on the date was also changed from white to red to signify our secondary call-sign for our other aircraft in case both are in the air at the same time and of course the badge at 9 O'clock position is copied from our shoulder patch.

The engraving on the rota at the back of the watch was lifted from a photo of the aircraft that was taken by one of the flight Paramedics and each has an individual issue number with the owner's position within London's Air Ambulance mine being Paramedic and issue number 001
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2872.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	4193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	4194