Thread: Hodinkee's "Road Through Britain" Makes A Stop For Bremont

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hodinkee's "Road Through Britain" Makes A Stop For Bremont

Hodinkee posted up a nice story and video covering Bremont for their "Road Through Britain" series.

Take 10 minutes and give it a look, then come back and let us know what you thought!

Wildrover
    Seems like a very honest report. Well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Seems like a very honest report. Well worth watching.
    Very much agreed. I'm fairly impressed with the way they covered the "in house" situation. They pointed it out as an unfortunate bump in the road on a journey that is building consistent steam. It wasn't great the way it happened, but it's not sufficient grounds to discredit what the brand had already done, and the work they've yet to do. So many commenters on Hodinkee lose sight of that, and that's certainly their prerogative, but for me it's not a case where you throw the baby out with the bath water. I feel like they've done a great job of moving on since then.

The article doesn't cover anything that many of us on the forum don't already know, but I see the article as trying to reach a broader audience than us enthusiasts on the forum, and to give them a fair take on who Bremont really are. I wish they would have touched on more watches than just the MBII in the video, but the quality of both the article and video was quite good.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 09-29-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Good article that hopefully will have more potential customers investigating the watches.

Looking at one of the photos and seeing the various case colours set me wondering.

How about an MB1 red middle with DLC case and back, black face and the yellow second hand. Wouldn't mind seeing that colour combo in an MB set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post

How about an MB1 red middle with DLC case and back, black face and the yellow second hand. Wouldn't mind seeing that colour combo in an MB set up.

That's not too far off what the forum SE was, except the dial was more grey and minus (obviously) the red barrel. However, it would be something I'd like to see - and I have I have seen it. Maybe on the wrist of someone when I was last at M-B? Hmm..

J.

It's stuff like the video that made me fall for Bremont originally. "We need to sustain ourselves commercially and be sensible about it" when it comes to investing in new kit. And I'd forgotten that the "luxury" watch market was about being Swiss so starting out and saying we'll be British was an unusual move. I think it's paid off! Great stuff.

Fantastic video. I want to know where I can get some of that awesome wall art/pictures they have hanging up in the HQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer