Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boeing 100 Limited Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    May I just add a little to the debate. It's not the first time with Jura, I to looked into purchasing a LE a while back and the price quoted put the jitters up me and eventually got me to the point of pulling out of a sale with a fellow forum member who was very courteous for which I grateful. Definitely doesn't do the brand any favours going forward.
    How'd you mean? Did they offer a lower price for BNIB than the forum member, or..?

J.

Going back to full price is a little win I suppose. It's things like that which will stop the brand going forward in the future if it persists.

All supposition but I don't believe it was a mistake, and I would like to think they received a call from "da management" who gave them the gypsies over pricing.

I have several different brands of luxury watch and Bremont is the one I feel closest to. Seeing the brothers on TV and knowing they are the owners, being emailed with invites, and I suppose they are an English brand make me feel connected. I know some of you guys are in direct contact with bremont and even sell them and again it's that direct connection.

What I would hate to see is the brand stall and start going backwards, and I have seen a few of them in my time who just about get there and then fall away and in some cases disappear all together.

They are a great brand and to anyone who says they JUST have an ETA movement in them...cobblers. There are plenty of brands with them in and even now people are clambering for the ETA black bays over the new in house movement watches.

In conclusion ( after a ramble) if incidents and practice like this can be stopped/avoided then Like all of you I want to see Bremont push on.

Hi j no it was above the forum members price but at a massive discount to rrp.
    As it was going to be my first purchase of a higher end watch and looking at it from the future investment side of things I kind of got a little jittery and eventually I kind of got cold feet and talked myself out of it

I have to believe this was a mistake on their part..... I am shocked to see a BNIB LE at that type of discount. If it was a used one I get the price drop as most Bremonts sell for less than new with the exception of a very few. But like everything in life, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

I don't believe for one second this was a mistake in pricing, what I do believe is the English brothers have had a word and they've reacted to this.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

IMHO some of the exclusivity goes out of a brand when they move into the shop windows of Beaverbrooks and Goldsmiths, what next Warren James.
    Also I believe some of heat as gone out of the higher end jewellery market over the last year or so and outlets will sell at reduced prices to recoup their outlay.

IMHO some of the exclusivity goes out of a brand when they move into the shop windows of Beaverbrooks and Goldsmiths, what next Warren James.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I think the public see the exclusivity lying in the price of the pieces, rather than where it's sold. If Rolex were being sold at RRP down the local market, people would still see it as being exclusive due to the price!

J.

I get what you're saying but would add, that an independent AD selling off newly released, limited edition timepieces at 40% off the RRP does far, far more damage to the feeling of a brands exclusivity than the watches sitting in the window of a high street jewellers.
    Just my 2p worth!

Wildrover
    Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    I get what you're saying but would add, that an independent AD selling off newly released, limited edition timepieces at 40% off the RRP does far, far more damage to the feeling of a brands exclusivity than the watches sitting in the window of a high street jewellers.
    Just my 2p worth!
    I think the damage is severe. The general public might not be so aware of the pricing changes. However, we the Forum followers feel our support is damaged and I am sure some of us will think twice about new purchases, when we know they could be discounted by 40% 2 months later.

The best thing somebody pointed out to myself regarding this type of discounting was " if you pay for the ticket then be prepared to ride the bus "
    Very true