Thread: America's Cup - Oracle Team USA White

America's Cup - Oracle Team USA White

After looking at Bremont for some time I finally took the plunge in April and ordered the OTUSA in white. It arrived yesterday after a few delays. Have it on a leather band at the moment while I wait for the titanium bracelet end pieces to turn up. I was amazed how light the bracelet was. The watch is heavier than expected. Finish is excellent. The five minute count down timer is an interesting feature. The 15 minute stopwatch timer is very small and hard to see when the hour and/or minute hands are in that 10-2 arc. Overall I am very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good, aust! We don't see many of these on the forum (in fact, this may be the first!?) It's a nice watch, I liked it when I saw it at Basel, but I did echo your comments at the time about how the 15 minute counter could have been bigger.

Enjoy your Bremont,
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by aust1973 View Post
    After looking at Bremont for some time I finally took the plunge in April and ordered the OTUSA in white. It arrived yesterday after a few delays. Have it on a leather band at the moment while I wait for the titanium bracelet end pieces to turn up. I was amazed how light the bracelet was. The watch is heavier than expected. Finish is excellent. The five minute count down timer is an interesting feature. The 15 minute stopwatch timer is very small and hard to see when the hour and/or minute hands are in that 10-2 arc. Overall I am very happy.

On titanium bracelet now.

That's a neat look - I didn't think it'd suit a bracelet, but it obviously does. Can you post a wristshot when you get 5 minutes, please?

J.

Congrats on picking this one up. I am a huge fan of the white bezel and white dial combo. I tried one of the prototypes on a few months back and it was one of those that I kept wanting to put back on the wrist.
    Last edited by Bc321; 10-11-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That's a neat look - I didn't think it'd suit a bracelet, but it obviously does. Can you post a wristshot when you get 5 minutes, please?

J.

I really like having it on titanium.

That works really well, that. I'm rather impressed! How do you find the quality of the bracelet?

J.

I will start by saying overall I am very happy with the watch/bracelet combination and some of below observations are only because I am looking at it so closely.
    My reference point is comparing it to my Omega Planet Ocean.
    First thing about the bracelet is it incredibly light. The titanium in the watch doesn't cut down on the weight much I guess due to the weight of the mechanism, sapphire crystals, etc but the bracelet feels weightless.
    The finishing on the bracelet is not up to the same standard as the titanium on the watch lugs/bezel.
    The color of the titanium from lugs to bracelet are different. Can't really tell indoors but in the sunlight I can see it.
    The clasp works well and snaps in to place with a positive click.
    It was easy enough to remove links and adjust to the length I wanted.
    The end pieces that attach to the watch lugs don't have the same quality of machining as the rest of the bracelet. You can only see it when they are off the watch.
    It is expensive but I probably wouldn't have bought a Bremont if they didn't have a bracelet available.

Quote Originally Posted by aust1973 View Post
    The finishing on the bracelet is not up to the same standard as the titanium on the watch lugs/bezel.

The color of the titanium from lugs to bracelet are different. Can't really tell indoors but in the sunlight I can see it.

The end pieces that attach to the watch lugs don't have the same quality of machining as the rest of the bracelet. You can only see it when they are off the watch.
    Thanks for your observations, Austin.

The three points I've sectioned out above are common - they've been noted on the steel bracelets also. I'd like to hope that, over time, these small things are ironed out, but then again other brands also have these issues - at much, much, higher price points.

I'm glad you're enjoying your bracelet and watch!
    J.