Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A monumental U2 faux pas?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    Over on the Christopher Ward form, "Downer" has written some excellent rules on collecting watches... at number 10 is 'Always buy on the bracelet' because they are usually much more expensive to buy separately afterwards. That's a good one for me as I'd love now to try my 'c on a bracelet but find them too expensive (for which I mean can't currently afford) compared to a new leather or NATO strap. 'The thrill is in the hunt' is another excellent rule!!
    This is true... Although when I bought my U2 in 2013 no bracelet exited for it. Actually, having looked on the Bremont site last night, I'm not sure they do any more either...
    Bremont U2 SS
    Omega Speedmaster Pro
    Oris TT1 Divers - white dial / blue bezel
    Suunto Traverse

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    Over on the Christopher Ward form, "Downer" has written some excellent rules on collecting watches... at number 10 is 'Always buy on the bracelet' because they are usually much more expensive to buy separately afterwards. That's a good one for me as I'd love now to try my 'c on a bracelet but find them too expensive (for which I mean can't currently afford) compared to a new leather or NATO strap. 'The thrill is in the hunt' is another excellent rule!!
    That's a solid rule - and something I've always done up until I started collecting Bremont, as the watches (generally) suit leather better in my opinion. I'm now slightly regretting it! Anyone got an S500 bracelet going...?

J.

Perhaps it's just me but I actually prefer the Bremonts on leather or nato straps. I am not a big fan of them on steel bracelets.
    Don't get me wrong I have other watches on bracelets and love them. Perhaps it's a psychological thing with most of them being sold without a bracelet and I have just got used seeing them like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NATO for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1