Thread: Nick English on BBC2

Nick English on BBC2

Watching Nick and Giles English on BBC 2 ''Skies Above Britain''!!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Apart from Nick and Giles who I didn't know where on, I've been looking forward to watching this. Was it worth iPlayering when I'm back in the Uk Gavin?

Very much so, interested to see how NATS deal with fog at EGLL by changing flow rate.

I thought it to be a very good programme in all - informative and a good pace so it didn't feel boring. As you'd expect, though, very much made for the mass audience so somewhat lacking in the technical detail us geeks enjoy!

Whilst it was good to see Nick and Giles, there appears to be some 'bashing' on social media about the programme being somewhat a Bremont advert. Interesting, but I'm not complaining - it was good to see the Bros very much enjoying life and their passion for aviation. Aside from the branding on the aeroplanes, not a single reference to Bremont was actually made, however.

J.

I'll have to look it up then. I'd love to visit Swanwick, they often offer TRUCE training days with controller and pilots which could be interesting.

Actually sounds like the perfect piece for Bremont to be involved with, and without lots of Bremont references sounds well done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I thought it to be a very good programme in all - informative and a good pace so it didn't feel boring. As you'd expect, though, very much made for the mass audience so somewhat lacking in the technical detail us geeks enjoy!

Whilst it was good to see Nick and Giles, there appears to be some 'bashing' on social media about the programme being somewhat a Bremont advert. Interesting, but I'm not complaining - it was good to see the Bros very much enjoying life and their passion for aviation. Aside from the branding on the aeroplanes, not a single reference to Bremont was actually made, however.

J.
    Absolutely right Jake.

I had just put the TV on (actually to watch the GB women eventually beat NZ in the hockey - I was a county hockey player back in the day before anyone accuse me of being a letch!! ) but the programme came on and I wanted to watch the Typhoon in action. Next thing Nick popped up and the rest of the programme became obligatory. The whole programme was fascinating and seeing the pilot training programme and also NATS operating was a real eye-opener.

The other lovely thing about seeing Nick and Giles was to see their delightful mother. All round a great family unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVNmmuwUiMs Here is the youtube link for people in the USA....watch it before the youtube Police take it away.

Here's another NATS related thing some of you may find interesting, and a follow on from the aforementioned programme - hosted by my good friend Emma. If you're even remotely interested, give it a watch.

J.

Very informative Jake

Will have to watch it on iplayer when i get back in Uk . Thanks for posting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk