Thread: HS Nimrod Military Edition?????

Question HS Nimrod Military Edition?????

I started my career in the RAF. Unfortunately, not a pilot but a Flight Engineer.

After discovering Bremont, I managed to persuade ex-216 Sqn members who flew the TriStar to support the Bremont watch. I had left the RAF and the sqn way back in 1997. Previously, 216 had tried to organise a CW and a Breitling version which failed.

Last year a couple of us tried to bring in a B747 version which eventually morphed into the B747 watch you see today.

I started my career on the NIMROD, I just wondered if I or others should pursue such a version. What do you think?

Best Jerry
    Last edited by Wildrover; 07-01-2016 at 01:16 PM.

It's certainly worth asking the question, Jerry. Do keep in touch about what you decide to do.

J.

I haven't asked the question as it means posting on Facebook. And, I really don't want to get involved with FB.....

Jerry,
    I might be able to help. I recently help design a watch for the pilots/employees of United Airlines. The whole process from start to finish took about a year and a half but there were a few obsticals in getting permission to use the United logo. PM me if you would like more details, generally you some number of people committed to purchasing before they will make the watches. Hope this helps.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    I started my career in the RAF. Unfortunately, not a pilot but a Flight Engineer.

After discovering Bremont, I managed to persuade ex-216 Sqn members who flew the TriStar to support the Bremont watch. I had left the RAF and the sqn way back in 1997. Previously, 216 had tried to organise a CW and a Breitling version which failed.

Last year a couple of us tried to bring in a B747 version which eventually morphed into the B747 watch you see today.

I started my career on the NIMROD, I just wondered if I or others should pursue such a version. What do you think?

Best Jerry
    Well, it must have come to fruition....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Looks OK, but not on my list of wants at the moment.
    Own at present: Supersonic LE - Kingsman SS LE - Endurance LE - Wright Flyer SS LE - 1918 WG LE - Michael Wong LE - Boeing 100 LE - Boeing 747 (Military) - 216 Sqn x 2 (Mlitary) - ALT1-B - Omega Apollo 17.