Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring bars

Spring bars

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get some good quality 22mm springboard from preferably in the UK.
    I quite like changing straps round on all my watches and I have noticed that one has developed an annoying click when I move my wrist.
    I have seen the ones on eBay but don't particularly trust ones you can get for 99p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GasGasBones.com sells them I think!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    GasGasBones.com sells them I think!
    Yep, he does. However, I've always used Cousins UK - a supplier to the trade. The ones you'll want are on this page, Shaky: Spring bars, curved ISO Swiss - Cousins UK.

J.

Cheers guys.

I am going to place an order with Cousins. Exactly what I was looking for J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it normal for spring bars to pop out?

Have watch on NATO (straight bars) and was flicking my wrist and one of the spring bars popped out. Luckily on NATO, so the watch was dangling on one bar. Bar was still in the keeper, so I popped it back in, gave it a wiggle, and it seems fine. Not sure what could have loosened it.

Is this common?

It's happened to me a good 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years or so. Always makes me wonder if the spring bar was fully engaged when I mounted it. For me, it's happened with the Bremont Nylon/NATO and the Supermarine strap. Some close calls, but no tragedys yet!

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Is it normal for spring bars to pop out?

Have watch on NATO (straight bars) and was flicking my wrist and one of the spring bars popped out. Luckily on NATO, so the watch was dangling on one bar. Bar was still in the keeper, so I popped it back in, gave it a wiggle, and it seems fine. Not sure what could have loosened it.

Is this common?
    Not normal or common from my experience. Best guess is that the bar wasn't fully seated, which I find difficult with the straight bars on all of my Bremonts. Hence why I used curved bars even with a nato.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    It's happened to me a good 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years or so. Always makes me wonder if the spring bar was fully engaged when I mounted it. For me, it's happened with the Bremont Nylon/NATO and the Supermarine strap. Some close calls, but no tragedys yet!
    It's never happened to me through failure of the bar, but I have had it happen when I've put a strap on and the bar hasn't seated - never had any incidents resulting from it, though. User error rather than mechanical!

As for if it's normal? No, certainly not.

J.

Thanks for the replies. Watch has been on the same strap for about a month with no issues. I always give a little tug in multiple directions just to be sure.

Pretty sure my bars were seated (I could be wrong). Like Jake said, I am sure it is user error.

This also happened with to me when I had my EP120. It also only seemed to happen with the Bremont made Nato and not the Nato made by GasGasBones.
    The Bremont Nato to me has to much movement around the pin due to the leather being slightly shorter than the 22mm lug with, this in turn rubs around the pin which causes it to dislodge.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order