Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont SOLO Polished

Bremont SOLO Polished

Last edited by jwalker9; 03-16-2016 at 02:53 AM.

And some full sized 43mm Polished Solo's to add to the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    And some full sized 43mm Polished Solo's to add to the collection.
    The Crown looks likes bigger versus other Solos. My pick of the lot anyway. Very Fine Looking
    A

point

Quote Originally Posted by Afhgus View Post
    The Crown looks likes bigger versus other Solos. My pick of the lot anyway. Very Fine Looking
    I think the larger crowns may be due to feedback that their crowns have been difficult to grip and operate.

But I actually love that movement spacer ring, I wonder if it's cosmetic or provides some shock resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettghu View Post
    I think the larger crowns may be due to feedback that their crowns have been difficult to grip and operate.

But I actually love that movement spacer ring, I wonder if it's cosmetic or provides some shock resistance?
    It looks like the same movement as in Americas Cup 1 which is shock resistant.
    A

point

The polished SOLO is such a beautiful watch and this one checks the box for a dress Bremont....but having seen the newest releases from other companies it's going against some really strong headwinds. The IWC XVIII is $3950, the Tudor Black Bay Bronze with in house movements is $3975....so much competition in sub $5k arena...and many companies are stepping up adding more value without raising prices.

Such a tough choice...
    Last edited by Garrettghu; 03-17-2016 at 10:34 PM.

I also feel the XVIII is probably a direct competition to the Solo line in general. IWC has the anti magnetic resistance and the history...Bremont has the beautiful and unique case, see through cashback, awesome packaging and legendary service.

I think it would be wise to drop the Solo to $3950 so at least its head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettghu View Post

I think it would be wise to drop the Solo to $3950 so at least its head to head.
    As well as adding a nice shiny polished bracelet to finish off the look. hahaha. Seems just as unlikely to happen as dropping the price.
    I prefer this to the IWC. More unique.
    A

point

Quote Originally Posted by Afhgus View Post
    As well as adding a nice shiny polished bracelet to finish off the look. hahaha. Seems just as unlikely to happen as dropping the price.
    I prefer this to the IWC. More unique.
    I agree, adding a polished bracelet would be excellent.... having it hardened too would be magnificent!

For me the polished unique case is a no brainer as I already have an IWC 3717 to check the classic pilots' watch box. I was trying to look at it from the POV of someone who is looking at the existing brushed Solo in black versus the IWC XVIII what would be the decision process as I would be torn:

Bremont
    Unique and hardened case design
    Sapphire case back
    9 layers of AR coating
    100WR
    More wrist presence at 43mm
    It's British and not boring Swiss.
    COSC Certified.

IWC

Beautifully finished case (I will have to say it finer than Bremont as I have compared my MBII and 3717 side by side)
    The brand's pedigree
    Anti Magnetic
    60M WR
    Screw Down Crown
    40mm
    Available bracelet that is probably the best in the industry.

It's a really hard choice, just thought if they were the same price you could really give IWC a run for their money as they are both essentially the same movement.
    Last edited by Garrettghu; 03-18-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Love both of these. Really smart!