Thread: Advice on removing bezel. Supermarine 2000

Advice on removing bezel. Supermarine 2000

Hi first time poster.
    A bit of history my 2000 has always has a pretty stiff bezel movement, but it was consistent.
    However yesterday it suddenly became much looser, but when returning to 12 position it then had a 'Grinch' and became very stiff again.
    I think this will be a case of the bezel spring but how do I get the bezel off safely.
    I've looked online and seems a bench knife will do the trick. Anyone here who has done it and has some advice please let me know.
    Cheers
    B

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

I'd check with Bremont, but didn't think the 2000 was that old and should be well inside it's warranty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I'd check with Bremont, but didn't think the 2000 was that old and should be well inside it's warranty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Correct, Andy. The S2000 was launched at the start of 2013, so as long as it has been bought after that, it will have some warranty left to rectify the issue.

OP: I agree, it does sound like the bezel spring. It's not something I'd recommend doing yourself. Just send it to Bremont, and they will take care of it for you.

J.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess you're right, was looking to be a bit more hands on, but then I guess I may get a nice service case when I get it back ;-)

Dropped off today at Beaverbrooks. Great service, stayed to try on a few Rolexes...

Resisted ;-)