Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cosc certificate

[IMG]P1020273.jpg[/IMG]
    P1020273.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Correct, but they can help - I've had them do it for my S500.

J.
    I stand corrected.  Good to hear Bremont helped out.

Does anyone know if they have changed policy on this or have a different policy for pre-owned watches. I sent my details through to the registrations email address and also enquired about the COSC certificate. I was told "We do not issue replacement COSC certificates with second hand purchases". Rather a blunt refusal and no option to pay an admin charge for the replacement.

TBH I'm not overly concerned about having the certificate or not, should I be? It seems to me that all their watches passed the test when new, it's a bit like an inspection sheet for a new car and shows that at some previous point in time it was all OK. Not planning to change this watch but appreciate it might mean something to someone in the future, condition is king and proof of purchase and service papers must be more relevant.

Poor form but not unexpected. I have a watch purchased direct that did not include the original COSC cert and apparently no record exists for the original or replacement. I've always wondered why that one doesn't meet COSC specs...

This unfortunate policy is no help to already poor resale values but sorry to say it's the norm for Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
    Poor form but not unexpected. I have a watch purchased direct that did not include the original COSC cert and apparently no record exists for the original or replacement. I've always wondered why that one doesn't meet COSC specs...

This unfortunate policy is no help to already poor resale values but sorry to say it's the norm for Bremont.

You're correct - it's not unexpected.

There used to be a charge of 50 or some such with other brands to get a replacement, I believe due to the hassle involved. Shame Bremont won't help out.

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    There used to be a charge of 50 or some such with other brands to get a replacement, I believe due to the hassle involved.
    This would be reasonable and much appreciated. Although 100-200 might be more realistic for the trouble & cost. In any case, their story to me was that it is impossible to issue a replacement.

Seems a bit odd that COSC doesn't maintain a record, but what do I know.