Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My own Bremont story.

Phil you should have received your Salon QP tickets by now? I believe Nick and Giles are doing a talk in the theatre on Saturday - not sure on the time though.

Indeed, I have received my tickets. Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to it.

Scott - it would be a pleasure to meet you. I will most likely be there from midday on Saturday when it opens. Will you be wearing a carnation under a big clock?

Brilliant Phil.

Ill be meeting up with Simon C from the BR-AVO forum at 12 then have a meeting at 1 and hopefully see Nick and Giles talk at 2..

If your there from midday then we could meet near the entrance (as Simon will be supplying my tickets) so keep an eye out for him (he'll be easier to spot... most likely wearing tweed and have a suspicious look about him )

Scott - just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet you, albeit briefly! I had really bad problems with traffic on the way in, so only got to the show shortly before Nick's talk, then had to dash off afterwards.
    I hope your girlfriend managed to forgive you for the massive watch overload!

Would be more than happy to answer any further questions you may have though.

Kind Regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Danger View Post

I was terrified at the time, so bravery certainly doesn't come into it. Just human instinct and wanting to help people in need.
    Wow, what an incredible story! I can't believe I missed that post. It deserves to be brought up for sure.

Now Phil, Bravery is being able to act WHEN terrified. That's the very definition of bravery. Human instinct, has nothing to do with this. Many humans just stand there wondering what to do when dangerous situations happen. You're a very humble man to say the least.

I take my hat off to you sir.
    No longer a fan boy...

There's an old saying about you can't be brave if you aren't scared.

My hat is also doffed to you, sir. Bravo!
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Thank you for sharing your amazing story .

Thank you.

I think the main thing to remember here is that 4 children lost their father, a woman lost her husband, and people also lost their brother and uncle too.
    It took me a long time to come to terms with that. This was back in the day before the internet was the wealth of information that it is today.

I didn't know what had happened to Nick. I didn't know how to get in touch with the family. The Police couldn't help. I had a fear of flying and didn't get in a plane for 7 years after, so I thankfully missed out on the 'lads' holidays to Ibiza and Greece. No big loss there. Going up in a plane with Nick was quite a special moment though, and I was glad to be able to answer all his questions and provide him with pictures from the crash scene.
    He only remembered refuelling the plane at North Weald Airfield, taking off, then being in a helicopter on the way to London.
    I managed to get the full report from the Air Accident Investigation Branch with pictures so he could finally piece it all together and finally get some closure. Nick had only ever seen a small picture from the newspaper the following day.

Here are some pictures...