Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Not Spam* Reno Air Races

*Not Spam* Reno Air Races

Bremonters,

Breitling is no longer going to sponsor the Reno National Championship Air Races starting this year, so the Races could use a new sponsor. I think Bremont would be perfect to take over. The Races, besides being my favorite week of the year, embody precision, power, craftsmanship, endurance, and of course beautiful, historic machines flying low, flying fast and turning left: all things Bremont stands for. What better way to showcase Bremont in the US? I think the RNCAR have more to do with Bremont than the America's Cup (as cool as that is), but maybe that's just me.

What do you think?

I'd post a link, but I don't want to get (accidentally) banned again as a spammer.

Blue skies, y'all.
    -only jake
    Haves: U-2 | Kingston | Key West | 3572 | Vantage
    Dreams: Speedyorite | X-33 U-2 | BLNR | DC86

I think Bremont would fit right in as a sponsor at Reno, but my only concern would be the size of the budget required to be as competitive as Breitling in the marketing reach. Just like the Red Bull Air Race series, I can't imagine it'd come cheap...

Feel free to post the link - I promise you won't get banned!

J.

Sounds genius to me although it comes down to the finances. The America's Cup is a cool sponsorship but they need to get into the airshow/race sponsorship biz too. Bremont already supports Tailhook to some extent so they are already in Reno during September anyway.

Bremont doesn't have pockets as deep as Breitling's but I think this might be the perfect event for them. But they should hire jfingers as a local rep

I obviously agree, I think it is the perfect venue to showcase Bremont, though I do understand it wouldn't be cheap. Especially if they rolled right into Tailhook, it would be pretty convenient.

Here's the link: http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2015/1...xits/77388302/

And yeah, I'd love to help out any way I could!
    Blue skies,
    -only jake
    Haves: U-2 | Kingston | Key West | 3572 | Vantage
    Dreams: Speedyorite | X-33 U-2 | BLNR | DC86

I wonder why Breitling backed out? The Air Races were initially project a multi-100k loss but it looks like they made a little bit. Maybe the sponsorship includes some sort of profit sharing?

Off topic, RBG your PMs are full and you can't receive any new messages.

Totally agree with vipereaper30 on this one! If Jake can borrow a T-38 for the week I'm certain we could 'crowdfund' the cost of entry and avtur!!

Gavin

How about a U-2 AND a T-38?
    Probably wouldn't do as well in a race

Quote Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
    I wonder why Breitling backed out? The Air Races were initially project a multi-100k loss but it looks like they made a little bit. Maybe the sponsorship includes some sort of profit sharing?

Cheers - cleared. And maybe Breitling felt they were spreading themselves too thin? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray02 View Post
    If Jake can borrow a T-38 for the week I'm certain we could 'crowdfund' the cost of entry and avtur!!
    I have friends who can get me a JP or L-39. Will that do? Now to find someone to fly them.... Viper!?

If only Reno had a 'highest achievable' Flight Level category!

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 12-20-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Race to altitiude

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Could be many reasons, maybe Breitling no longer sees the value in building it's brand or the RNCAR asking for too much money. The statement from Breitling is really brief and it really doesn't feel like it was worth their time.

It was a privilege and celebrates their passion and enthusiasm but in 2016 is no longer a privilege or maybe they are just taking a break?

"Supporting the National Championship Air Races in Reno for the past 12 years has been a privilege for Breitling because it celebrates our passion and enthusiasm for aviation. Breitling will no longer be the presenting sponsor of the Air Races in 2016. We wish the Reno Air Races Association and Air Races fans much success next year and are grateful for the memories we have shared over the years."

It's doesn't give me the feeling it was a happy departure.

Man! I am so disappointed at Breitling for not sponsoring this event I think I'll take my Navitimer money and buy another Bremont instead. LOL