Thread: OT: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???

OT: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???

I've seen this doing the rounds - a new watch from 'Steinhart' which has a rather interesting looking side profile

I think this maybe a cheeky nod to the popular barrel design by Bremont or possibly just a genuine similarity (There's no other hints at Bremont design on the watch )

perhaps so

I think I've seen similar styling on one or more recent PD watches, too. The "Flat Six" or something, I think...
    At present:

Bremont MBII #18x
    Damasko DC66
    Seiko skx007k
    Seiko skx171 PMMM in progress
    Sinn EZM-3
    IWC AT2000 Ti
    TAG/Heuer Pro
    Tutima Military Chronograph

Still calling me:

Seiko Cocktail Time
    Bremont SM500
    Sinn U1
    Nomos Club
    Rolex GMT Master

I saw this as well - but I didn't think that the bezel was really that similar to the barrel in the Bremonts. I think people can get a little over protective sometimes and start seeing things where there's really not much to be seen (I'm referring to various threads on other forums here, where Bremonts get routinely accused of ripping off Rolex, Omega and IWC). Hey ho.

Regarding the bezel - I'm not sure I like the screw thread effect much. Does it turn?
    web: the #watchnerd (www.thewatchnerd.co.uk)
    Twitter / IG: @thewatchnerd.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlefish View Post
    I saw this as well - but I didn't think that the bezel was really that similar to the barrel in the Bremonts. I think people can get a little over protective sometimes and start seeing things where there's really not much to be seen (I'm referring to various threads on other forums here, where Bremonts get routinely accused of ripping off Rolex, Omega and IWC). Hey ho.

Regarding the bezel - I'm not sure I like the screw thread effect much. Does it turn?
    I've read it doesn't turn no. Bit of a mish mash (diver style but no rotating bezel) but given the price it's never going to be in the league of say a SM500!!

Hmm. I think it's meant to be a "sports watch". And while I have a Steinhart - the 44mm x 44mm square Aviation Watch Lounge Edition - which is fine as far as it goes, I never wear it. Just seem to grab a Bremont nowadays if I'm going to do *anything* sporty... Hey ho.
    web: the #watchnerd (www.thewatchnerd.co.uk)
    Twitter / IG: @thewatchnerd.co.uk