Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALT RESPONSE #2 - Giles English

ALT RESPONSE #2 - Giles English

ALT RESPONSE is an exclusive series of QA sessions with key people from Bremont. It offers members of this forum the opportunity to ask questions directly to the people who matter.

Second in the series is Bremont Co-Founder, Giles English.

Along with his brother Nick, Giles started Bremont in 2007 after five years in development.

Being professional pilots and having lived around aircraft all their lives, Bremont watches capture the brother’s love of flying, engineering and aviation.

Since launch, Bremont has become a major force in the luxury watch market and is at the forefront of the revival in British watchmaking.

To take part in this Q&A session, simply reply to this post with one question for Giles. A shortlist of questions will then be sent to Bremont and the results will be posted as soon as we have a response back from Giles.

Please note: Given the nature of this Q&A, not all questions can be answered!

The closing date for submissions will be Wednesday 21st September at 12:00 BST.

If you would prefer to email your question, please send it to: admin@alt1tude.bremont.com

You can view our original QA session with Bremont's Technical Director, Peter Roberts here.

Hi Giles

firstly, I love my anthracite ALT1-C, a recent wedding present from my wonderful wife.

One of the things I like most about Bremont is its independence from the big luxury brands i.e. LVMH, which I think gives Bremont a greater appeal.

My question is - are you planning to keep Bremont an independent watch company or will there come a point where you think a sale to a well-known company is necessary?

Best regards, Rich.

With Hong Kong being the largest market for luxury watches in the world, is there any plans to bring smaller unisex watches to the Bremont line up?

I'd also like to know just how much anti-magnetic the MB watches really are?

Hello Giles,

ALT1-C/BK owner and loving it. My question, given the Bremont focus on aviation and producing special editions(EP 120, P-51, C-17), are there any thoughts on producing a C-130 Hercules edition? Also, given the rugged build of your watches and "wear anywhere" appeal, any thoughts on using Tritium tubes?

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Giles.

I have a couple of questions for you, if you wouldn't mind answering please...I know it says to ask one, but I have more than one that I'd like answering.

1) Do you think Bremont would be where it is today if your father had not been in the accident in 1995? Do you think you would still be working in the City and just joining your father for air displays etc, or do you think you would have actively pursued your passion of making watches anyway?

2) You and Nick first told your wives it would take a couple of years to get your first watch to market. What was the biggest obstacle in getting your ideas from your head to your wrist?

3) You have come a long way since launching your watch brand. What do you think will be the next major step for Bremont, and why?

Thanks for your time.

CD.

Dear Sir

I would like to make a comment, followed by my question.

First, the comment...

I have found your watches to be among the very best timepieces around. Period. Full stop. The thing that I love most about my Bremont ( MBII #187, thanks ) is the fact that it is sooo close to being a viable contender for a true "One and Only" watch. It is tough, reasonably water resistant, shock resistant, and flexible enough to go from the shooting range ( my hard use hobby of choice is action shooting here in the US ) to a work day in a suit and tie. It also looks fantastic. It's the best pilot's watch around, IMO. However...

I can't help but think think that the best pilot's watch is one which incorporates a 2nd time zone complication. This brings me to my question. Are there any plans to upgrade or split the MB range to incorporate a GMT function? Many watch fans would say that a non-chrono GMT watch is a benchmark piece in any aviation oriented collection. Will Bremont ever do a watch like that? An MBII ( or, perhaps an *MBIII*?) with a GMT feature would be brilliant.

Thanks for the great watches, and best to all at Bremont.
    At present:

Bremont MBII #18x
    Damasko DC66
    Seiko skx007k
    Seiko skx171 PMMM in progress
    Sinn EZM-3
    IWC AT2000 Ti
    TAG/Heuer Pro
    Tutima Military Chronograph

Still calling me:

Seiko Cocktail Time
    Bremont SM500
    Sinn U1
    Nomos Club
    Rolex GMT Master

When do you anticipate making your 1st complete in house movement and it being avalible? What do you think the price point will be? Is there any chance of you making a second Spitfire based watch similar to EP120 but based on another spitfire? If you had to chose between the following as an iconic plane to make a watch from which would it be.. Lancaster, Vulcan, Lightning, Concrde or Harrier?

Hello Giles,
    Although Bremont obviously has a very strong link with aviation, the limited edition Norton watch and the courting of Jaguar with their concept car recently seem to suggest that you are happy to cast the net a little wider. It would be great to see some more watches associated with great british automotive engineering, so maybe something inspired by Jaguar, Triumph or Land Rover / Range Rover? I'm itching to buy a Bremont, but I'm not a great fan of planes and feel a little fraudulent buying something so inherently linked to aviation. So, my question is will there be a motor sport fan's watch coming soon?
    Trevor

Hi Giles

I have 2 questions if thats ok. If you could go back to the start and do something different what would it be and why?

And out of the current range which do you think would have been your dads favourite.

These questions are fantastic!!!