Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB II Orange on UK eBay: Has visible back - is that right?

MB II Orange on UK eBay: Has visible back - is that right?

Hi there, just seen a new listing for an MBII on eBay.co.uk - but it had on closer examination a visible back similar to the U2 blue. I thought all backs were closed on the 'public' MBs, am I wrong? There's no details on the auction itself as to serial number, or photos of the warranty card etc... Details here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Ma...-/131647767409
    PS. Not associated in any way with the auction, merely interested in the watch and whether it's a one-off or other.

It is a Alt1tude special edition!! I can see Felix on the dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

The description of the movement is "Quartz (automatic)".

It's a good price at the moment for a buyer.
    Last edited by SuperRichieM; 11-09-2015 at 10:03 PM.

MB II Orange on UK eBay: Has visible back - is that right?

What size battery does it require? 😵

Using Tapatalk

Interesting find! It is an MBII Orange, not the alt1tude SE. At first look, I thought the 6:00 mark was the reflection of a ceiling light, but it's in the exact same spot on each picture, so that can't be right. It must be some military insignia, of some sort. The sticker over the rear crystal suggests it is recently back from service.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Interesting find! It is an MBII Orange, not the alt1tude SE. At first look, I thought the 6:00 mark was the reflection of a ceiling light, but it's in the exact same spot on each picture, so that can't be right. It must be some military insignia, of some sort. The sticker over the rear crystal suggests it is recently back from service.
    Exactly this. I'm running it past NEMO at Bremont Military and will wait to see what he says.

J.

I've queried the watch description to the seller as well. Always wanted an Alt1tude, but this looked slightly odd, especially as you'd think someone would mention that, and also that I thought it doesn't have a Faraday cage if the back is open?

Quote Originally Posted by julian911 View Post
    I thought it doesn't have a Faraday cage if the back is open?
    It has a partial faraday case (everything apart from the full caseback 'plate'), so the watch still retains some of the antimagnetic properties of the standard model.

J.

OK, thanks. I have eMailed the seller, and will respond here if I receive a reply.

There is a new photo up now. Shows a Knight bearing a shield and "Longmoor" where we would expect to see London!

Using Tapatalk