Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB3 a bit slow

MB3 a bit slow

I love my MB3 purchased a month ago or so.

However, I have noticed it loses about 8-10 seconds a day. Is that in the ball park or should greater accuracy be expected?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello rchass! My MBIII is always running too fast lol.

Technically the COSC tolerance is -4/+6 seconds a day. If you're watch is constantly is losing time especially at that "magnitude", I'd definitely get that looked at.

Good luck!

MB3 a bit slow

The past two days it lost 7 seconds so within the tolerance you mentioned. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rchaas; 10-26-2015 at 10:12 PM.

You might think me a bit OCD but I have been recording the accuracy of my Solo for a year- measured against the time standard every Monday morning. Overall it has gained less than 3 minutes over 12 months- an average of 0.43 seconds per day. It has never fallen outside of the COSC limits. I have never had to reset it except when changing time zones.
    Curiously the times when it has run a bit slow is when I have been in hot climates....I have no idea why.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Excellent performance - and an excellent graph!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Mass View Post
    You might think me a bit OCD but I have been recording the accuracy of my Solo for a year- measured against the time standard every Monday morning. Overall it has gained less than 3 minutes over 12 months- an average of 0.43 seconds per day. It has never fallen outside of the COSC limits. I have never had to reset it except when changing time zones.
    Curiously the times when it has run a bit slow is when I have been in hot climates....I have no idea why.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is really nerdy...but totally awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    This is really nerdy...but totally awesome!!!
    I would consider myself an inquisitive engineer rather than a nerd! But you might be right.

Dude that is so cool. I check my +/- differential every day but never put the data in a spreadsheet plus swap out watches often so never get the long-term tracking. You have a very accurate solo!

This has to be one of the most 'watchnerd' things I've seen on this forum - and that's saying something! Impressive accuracy and graph, Critical Mass.

Keep up the recording and report back every so often, it'll be interesting to see what happens as the watch gets older, and whether there is any pattern as it does so.

J.

Great idea to track the timekeeping and interestingly varied!

I think it would be better if it had a slight gain rather than a loss daily.

I might do the same as you if I can work out how to do it!