Thread: MBII - difficult to wind on an auto-winder?

MBII - difficult to wind on an auto-winder?

So this is a bit of a strange one. I have an MBII, awesome watch, keeps +/- 1 sec per day (not even that much if I'm honest, it tracks an atomic G-Shock for weeks on end...)

It has been perfect for the year I've owned it (bought it at 6 months old).

BUT, it just doesn't seem to like been put on an automatic winder. Invariably it will run out of power reserve while on the winder. What gives?

Anyone else had this problem?
    MBII/OR
    Solo/WH (sold)

Never had a problem with my MBII on a winder. 650tpd, both directions.

Richard

Might be the type of winder you have, I've got a Rapport Winder that sits at a 45 Degree angle instead of 90 Degrees and my IWC Big Pilot wont Wind on it.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

Hmm for what it's worth.. my MBIII has never ever achieved such extreme accuracy, but it charges normally via the winder haha. My winder is just some no-frills model set to 650tpd, both directions.

Assuming it's not related to your winder, one thing that could possibly cause your issue though, could be a stuck / gummy rotor.

My MBIII experienced a stuck rotor once - the watch would just stop mid-day on my wrist until manually wound, or shaken vigorously. Not sure if your MBII may be having the same problem but to a lesser extend?

Quote Originally Posted by glacierjb View Post

My MBIII experienced a stuck rotor once - the watch would just stop mid-day on my wrist until manually wound, or shaken vigorously. Not sure if your MBII may be having the same problem but to a lesser extend?
    Those are my thoughts too. Maybe the rotor is a little 'tight' so isn't being spun by the winder, but is being spun by the wrist? It is possible to loosen the rotor if you sent it back to Bremont, it's not a big thing.

J.

Thanks for the reply everyone, much appreciated! Yeah I thought about a stuck/tight rotor, I can hear it moving when I shake the watch, but I wonder about the angle of the winder too. Actually I note that after wearing the watch for a day that the power reserve isn't as high as I expect so maybe it isn't even winding on the writst. I tend to manually wind it a bit now every morning especially on days I'm not wearing it.

It's under warranty but given its running so nice and accurate I'm really reluctant to send it in, I can probably live with it for now.

On the note of accuracy I note my Solo/WH (now sold) was also around +/- 1 sec per day so so far my experience of Bremonts is only positive.
    MBII/OR
    Solo/WH (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TripTick View Post
    So this is a bit of a strange one. I have an MBII, awesome watch, keeps +/- 1 sec per day (not even that much if I'm honest, it tracks an atomic G-Shock for weeks on end...)

It has been perfect for the year I've owned it (bought it at 6 months old).

BUT, it just doesn't seem to like been put on an automatic winder. Invariably it will run out of power reserve while on the winder. What gives?

Anyone else had this problem?
    My MBii winds on my winder but my Girard Perregaux wwtc doesn't, very frustrating !

Quote Originally Posted by marcusj View Post
    My MBii winds on my winder but my Girard Perregaux wwtc doesn't, very frustrating !
    Just updating my original thread, I've since found that if I set the winder to only go anti-clockwise (rather than bi-directional mode I had it on before) then the MBII appears to wind a lot better.
    MBII/OR
    Solo/WH (sold)