Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid question alert! Leather straps & water!

I've had a quick look at mine, def two piece!

Looks good, wont be going into water with it though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	3234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	3235  

Quote Originally Posted by bbuck View Post
    My hambleden is not a solid piece of leather. I know this because it is splitting into two pieces near the end of the strap at the place where it folds back through the loop.
    Just wondering if you got this wet buck? This shouldn't be happening to straps costing even a fraction of these.

Are you getting a replacement?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noody View Post
    I've had a quick look at mine, def two piece!

Looks good, wont be going into water with it though!
    What happens when you perspire, or get caught in a rainshower?

I purchased this strap when it came out but only used it a few times. I love the look but now have another nagging quality concern.

I just had another old-style deployant clasp screw fail on me first time I was putting a strap on it. Seriously getting fed up about crap that I shouldn't have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
    What happens when you perspire, or get caught in a rainshower?

I purchased this strap when it came out but only used it a few times. I love the look but now have another nagging quality concern.

I just had another old-style deployant clasp screw fail on me first time I was putting a strap on it. Seriously getting fed up about crap that I shouldn't have to worry about.

All of the above sucks!

I'll wear regardless of weather etc and the most likely source of saturation is the bar, but if it ends up looking like the previous picture it'll be going back!

Surely both that strap and your deployant will be replaced?

A screw failed? Did it snap, or just come loose? A springbar I can understand, but something threaded in to a hole is a totally different kettle of fish.

I'm sure it'll be sorted quickly.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    A screw failed? Did it snap, or just come loose? A springbar I can understand, but something threaded in to a hole is a totally different kettle of fish.

J.

On the right side of the photo. They replaced a few for me as they broke. After the second failure I expressed my concern about all of my clasps and asked for them to be replaced preemptively with the new style which is a much improved design. I'd like to point out that I have a lot of experience with strap changes with pins utilizing screws. The failures aren't due to excessive torque or poor technique. It's just a terrible design that puts a lot of stress on the thin screw at the center mount.

So this pic is the third failure. I guess I'll write back, again, and try to justify why I'd like a replacement for this clasp and hopefully all others before it costs me a watch falling off the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    To clarify my frustration, after I became aware of the design flaw I asked for all of my clasps to be replaced. Bremont only offered to replace the ones that had already broken. I'm not the type to use something that I know is going to break so the rest of my clasps were relegated to the safe.

Wanting to use a new strap, I pulled this clasp out recently and sure enough it failed right out of the gate.

To clarify my frustration, after I became aware of the design flaw I asked for all of my clasps to be replaced. Bremont only offered to replace the ones that had already broken. I'm not the type to use something that I know is going to break so the rest of my clasps were relegated to the safe.

Wanting to use a new strap, I pulled this clasp out recently and sure enough it failed right out of the gate.

I asked Rudy at the Mayfair Boutique about this today - he says they will replace any clasp there has been a problem with, but not before there has been a problem.

In this situation it seems a little odd to have that policy, but there it is.

J.

I find it more than a little odd. I understand to replace all would come at a higher cost to the company and they are looking to minimize the impact. The problem is that the clasps will and do fail at a high rate.

They know something is wrong and should fix it by replacing all of the clasps in my opinion. Why would I continue to use a strap that can fail and fall off my wrist potentially causing damage to the case or movement?

Just wondering if you got this wet buck? This shouldn't be happening to straps costing even a fraction of these.

Are you getting a replacement?

Never been wet. I've worn it maybe 15 -20 times. And to be honest, I haven't really thought about contacting Bremont about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk