Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Bremont Prices ???

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Give me and other retailers some credit!

    Do you buy what you want? Or are you sold things that you don't want?
    Oracle, sorry it came out slightly harsher than it was meant to although I do have a car salesman friend who does exactly that

    Like MFB says you would always expect your high end luxury brands, PP, VC, AP, JLC, to allow the AD less margin so that they can't discount as much to preserve the brands price point. I just thought it seemed strange that if there is an industry standard profit margin for AD's why would a new brand come along and offer AD's a higher margin? I got it down to two points, a greater margin in it for the AD so that they push that brand more or a low end luxury watch brand is trying to price itself as a mid range luxury watch.

    Low end luxury I class as Tag, Tudor this is where I classify Bremont
    Mid range Zenith, IWC, Blancpain
    High end as above plus Lange & Sohne

    Then comes your hyper expensive Richard Mille etc

    The model must be working for them as that's why they've increased prices whilst many have lowered prices including PP.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Thanks for the post Oracle. I would have though Rolex margins were less for Dealers than Bremont due to history / reputation/ unit numbers. I am sure we could all speculate on the rationale of the Bremont business model. However, I am still of the opinion that they need to rebase. You will probably be aware that TAG recently and Breilting in the past have moved back in terms of RRP. I think from memory TAG have went 10%+ less. Their iconic Monaco is circa £600 less in RRP than 12 months ago.
    Thanks Michael.
    The word at the time of Basel was that TAG were in panic mode following the Tudor launch. Whether this is true I don't know, but at Basel they had upped their game tremendously with a big, new, and very prominent, stand. Maybe the prices were re-evaluated - I don't know because I have never actually sold the brand!!
    I also think that they and the other big global brands are more able to readjust prices than a small-scale but growing brand like Bremont. Bremont still have to fund that growth somehow, and on an annual production of around 8000 watches that can't be easy.
    The other thought is…… perhaps TAG's were overpriced for years!
    One last thought….the only time in my experience that Rolex prices came down was purely because of changes in VAT rates!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Oracle, sorry it came out slightly harsher than it was meant to although I do have a car salesman friend who does exactly that

    Like MFB says you would always expect your high end luxury brands, PP, VC, AP, JLC, to allow the AD less margin so that they can't discount as much to preserve the brands price point. I just thought it seemed strange that if there is an industry standard profit margin for AD's why would a new brand come along and offer AD's a higher margin? I got it down to two points, a greater margin in it for the AD so that they push that brand more or a low end luxury watch brand is trying to price itself as a mid range luxury watch.

    Low end luxury I class as Tag, Tudor this is where I classify Bremont
    Mid range Zenith, IWC, Blancpain
    High end as above plus Lange & Sohne

    Then comes your hyper expensive Richard Mille etc

    The model must be working for them as that's why they've increased prices whilst many have lowered prices including PP.
    You admit to having a friend who is a car salesman??? I have a few but would never admit it!

    I personally wouldn't put Bremont in the same category as TAG as Tag cover a wider range of build qualities in terms of case, bracelet and mechanisms (quartz & mechanical) and excuse my ignorance of TAG (having never sold them) but what percentage are COSC certificated? Tudor we do sell (we are still the leading Provincial retailer of Tudor in the UK apparently and Nantwich is just a little Market town!) and despite the heritage and the fact that the Black Bay that I have is seldom off my wrist at the moment I would say that the Bremont is a better finished case with the bonus of the hardening process. BUT there is no question that Tudor watches are fantastic value.

    Whatever, as long as we give the highest level of attention to our customers (and measured amounts of Champagne!) the most important thing is that they are happy with their choice of watch or jewel.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    You admit to having a friend who is a car salesman??? I have a few but would never admit it!

    BUT there is no question that Tudor watches are fantastic value.
    Funnily enough I've just been offered a Tudor Grantour Chronograph, 20350N dated January 2013 for £1280.00. It does seem good value to have the build quality of a Rolex but the modified Valjoux movement in it to keep the price down. I don't know if you can say on a forum but does that seem a good price?

    Never owned a Tag either but I've always classed watches as Low, Medium and High end and I just don't see Bremont as in the Medium banding yet. But that's just my opinion based on brands I've owned / want to own.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Funnily enough I've just been offered a Tudor Grantour Chronograph, 20350N dated January 2013 for £1280.00. It does seem good value to have the build quality of a Rolex but the modified Valjoux movement in it to keep the price down. I don't know if you can say on a forum but does that seem a good price?

    Never owned a Tag either but I've always classed watches as Low, Medium and High end and I just don't see Bremont as in the Medium banding yet. But that's just my opinion based on brands I've owned / want to own.
    I take it that it's a 20530N? Current RRP' s are £2790 on bracelet and £2580 on strap. It's interesting to see the residual value for that model something that is always a hot topic around here! Sounds good to me.

  6. #16
    Member Aquavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK & Europe
    Posts
    58
    I also feel Bremont retail prices are overly high but if they can sell all they need to then they must be "on the money"?

    I rarely, if ever, buy new. If mid-range luxury watches are now costing circa £4k then it's a game I'm not comfortable in. If I was a one watch guy then no problem but looking at it from a "collectors" viewpoint a modest collection of, say, half a dozen watches at the aforementioned four grand soon adds up to serious money. I'm happy to pay around £2k for pre-owned Bremonts (Supermarine, MBii et al) and consider them on a par with IWC, below the level of Omega/Rolex but above TAG.

    We all know we're paying well over the odds against the intrinsic value of any luxury watch, prices continue to go up but we still buy them. At 8,000 units a year it's not an overly huge volume to shift and, given Bremonts fairly aggresive expansion, there has to be a large margin in the watch to fund that rapid growth and provide customer service at what seems to be an above industry standard level.

    Good luck to them, I salute a British success story even if, for the most part, I'm unwilling to pay full retail for their products.

    But if they were to produce a simple three hander non-bezel tool watch with solid caseback around 39mm dia. for under £3k, that would be a different story!
    Stephen

  7. #17


    Apologies for hijacking the thread.
    Warranty card shows it as a 20350N, is this an older version of a 20530N?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chunkythebulldog; 07-31-2015 at 11:03 AM.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquavit View Post

    Good luck to them, I salute a British success story even if.
    Although I no longer own my MBII I stick around as I always want English manufacturing to succeed (even though some of my posts might not come across as such)

  9. #19
    Member Aquavit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK & Europe
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Although I no longer own my MBII I stick around as I always want English manufacturing to succeed (even though some of my posts might not come across as such)
    Yes absolutely, I think everyone on here would subscribe to that view.

    The English seem to have a peculiar trait of knocking success, look at other fora where Bremont bashing abounds for seemingly no other reason than that they are English!
    Stephen

  10. #20
    I would like to buy a pre-owned MBIII although I imagine that due to the overall sales numbers this would be difficult.

    MBII's and Supermarines come up fairly often for circa £2,000.

    Also, it appears that the more "rare" variants such as the blue or yellow barrel MBII's although carrying a small premium are not as sought after outside our small circle.

    I still maintain that the price for the range should be lower given the lack of a bracelet as standard. Taking away the RRP argument a new Rolex or IWC bracelet are both in excess of £1,000.

    IWC are a good example as I own a Mark XVII and can compare to both the MBII and Solo. Also, the same criticism of ETA movements are levelled at both brands equally and both make their own cases.

    The IWC is much better finished with fantastically engineered bracelets (Mark series, Portofino or Ingenieur).
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 07-31-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites