Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont Apache Watch

Bremont Apache Watch

Does anyone know what the timeline is on the Apache Squadron watch. There was a lot of chat about it recently but it's all gone quiet now. Is there a release date or any sneak previews?

Nothing of yet. There's rumours that it's based on an existing ALT1 model ( Like the ALT1-Z USNTPS model) with a badge or something.....however it could be a 'New' model entirely (Like the U2) and we might not hear of anything until next year with Basel (Like we did with the U2 watch).

If it is to be Apache only and a 'badged' version of an older model and not come with a 'civilian' version then it's unlikely we'll see any publicity until it's actually being used as it would only cause confusion with 'regular' customers and 'frustration' with people like us!

Piers,

Any word on the Arctic watch or any other new watches? I know from previous Facebook posts Bremont is working on an updated version of the internal bezel. I've got to believe that's for a MB type watch or upgrade?

By the way, and as I posted on your Twitter, you really should update to Lion. Much faster and with the exception of the new mail (sucks) it really is worth it on any older Mac.

I'm really curious about the Apache watch myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped Wind View Post
    Piers,

Any word on the Arctic watch or any other new watches? I know from previous Facebook posts Bremont is working on an updated version of the internal bezel. I've got to believe that's for a MB type watch or upgrade?

By the way, and as I posted on your Twitter, you really should update to Lion. Much faster and with the exception of the new mail (sucks) it really is worth it on any older Mac.
    Nope Bremont won't reveal anything to me! I normally know about stuff when it's realised - You need to go over to their Official Forum for the scoops!

With something to come next March Basel I suspect we 'may' see the Ben Saunders artic style watch and my guess is that the solo will be really popular so maybe some more on that range ( its SOLO now not Bc-SOLO ) which leads me to believe that they could expand that range on its own!!

I am popping around there tomorrow to try on some Supermarines, so if you have any requests let me know !

Re:Lion - I use Macs all the time with the whole Adobe Creative suite - as good as it sounds upgrading half way through a project when their isn't any patches from adobe is a serious no no in my book - i normally wait 2 months to get more stable versions out!!

Piers,

I heard that all new watches are being shipped with either a yellow background Felix the Cat Dial or black background Felix the Cat. Isnt that exciting?

Vald,

You mean on the face. Help out the idiots like myself on the board.

Piers,

Probably very smart to wait. I work down the street from Adobe and this Apple/Adobe feud is getting silly now. Everybody knows Flash isn't perfect but you have to wonder why Steve Jobs has turned on Adobe so quickly?

My face? :-)

They're shipping a picture of your face with every watch? I don't now you Vald but I have to believe that's a mistake unless you look like a Victoria Secret Model. Wait a second is Valdarrant Heidi Klum?

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Nope Bremont won't reveal anything to me! I normally know about stuff when it's realised - You need to go over to their Official Forum for the scoops!

With something to come next March Basel I suspect we 'may' see the Ben Saunders artic style watch and my guess is that the solo will be really popular so maybe some more on that range ( its SOLO now not Bc-SOLO ) which leads me to believe that they could expand that range on its own!!

I am popping around there tomorrow to try on some Supermarines, so if you have any requests let me know !

Re:Lion - I use Macs all the time with the whole Adobe Creative suite - as good as it sounds upgrading half way through a project when their isn't any patches from adobe is a serious no no in my book - i normally wait 2 months to get more stable versions out!!
    Piers - perhaps you could point out to the nice folks at Bremont when you see them that I'm pretty sure there's a mistake on the technical features of the Solo on their website - number 5, the bezel. I know, I'm sad! :-)

http://www.bremont.com/feature_SOLO_CR.php