Thread: New member with Boeing M1 question!

New member with Boeing M1 question!

Hi all, new member from Hong Kong. Just purchased a Boeing M1 with white dial from a small retailer here, and have noticed that the M1 displayed in the Bremont HK Boutique has different hour and minute hands. They are wider overall and have a wider lume. My serial number is 4 digits - 8xxx and the watch in the boutique had 5 digits - 10xxx - so I'd assume is a later production piece. So my questions are when were the hands design altered, and why (other than increased legibility), and how many M1's will there be in the total production run of this M1 model?

Can we have a picture please?

Captain Jim has a Model 1. Captain, can you comment on this? And OP, it would be great if you could post up a photo sonee can have a look! Sometimes it's easiest to post a photo from within the "Tapatalk" app on your phone!

New member with Boeing M1 question!

Thanks for the reply guys. Pic below. The manager of the HK boutique got their showroom model M1 out of the display case to compare. He said that was the first time he'd seen it having never noticed before. If the white dial was the first model M1 then I'm guessing it's possible they changed the design of the hands with the black dial model since the narrower hands would be somewhat lost against a black background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MarkH; 07-22-2015 at 04:31 PM.